"The END is soooooo close"

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    I'd rather live this life to the full than waste time wishin' , and waitin' on another Life is a gift. It's foolish not to appreciate this one then look for another

Spending the life you were given waiting for the New System to arrive is basically like keeping your eyes shut through a movie you really wanted to see, in the hopes that the Theatre Manager will give you your money back at the end.

• wasblind
    wasblind

EXWHYZEE

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

Look what happened to Hannaniah. He made folks believe in a falshood too. Right ?

Guess what happened ?

LOL. It’s a shame Jehovah doesn’t throw them a bone and give them at least one of the gifts of the spirit; as he did in the first century. Field service might be a little more interesting, and the children wouldn’t always want to quit and have their donut after only an hour. How nice it would be if just once, he could give them the power to speak in tongues instead of having to spend donation money on translating tracts into Urdu or Kalanga. Give them the ability to prophesy who will be home instead of them having to write Not-At-Home slips.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Give them the ability to prophesy who will be home instead of them having to write Not-At-Home slips.__Moses Unedited

LOL, I know what you mean

On page 134 in the Reasoning Book the WTS try to claim that like Nathan the Prophet

they made a false prophecy , And yet Nathan was not called a false prophet

What they failed to acknowledge is that Unlike Hananiah, Nathan never claimed

that what he said was from Jehovah

Nathan only gave an opinion to David, That very same night Nathan was correct by God

and told David not to do it.

Jehovah's Witnesses + false predictions + " Thus what is taught is not from men, but from Jehovah"___9/15/10 WT page 13 . Para 8

EQUALS : False prophets

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

hey Moses- Only met him via this board when he first started posting

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

In 1984 l was told it was only 3 months away. By my book study conductor

The deck head wrong

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I just love to tell my jw friends"news flash you are going to die,your not going to live thru armageddon. Our parents from the 40 and 50s died and so will we." They just get so upset and sad. Trying to giveme hope of life after death. I state"Why do you care what happens to you WHEN your dead? "your dead it is a moot point! I do not care, if I go to heaven or stay in hell or get to live on earth it is moot. No one knows." It really is up to God.

Really? It is like arguing over something unknown and out of my control.

It really stops the JWs from their need to dramatize everything.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

One of the last times I went to a meeting earlier this year a pioneer friend said 'we must be so close to the end!' And me, having learned ttatt, said, 'but they've been saying that for 130 years!' So without missing a beat he said, 'yes, that means it's closer now than ever!' Poor guy.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

@ Vidiot:

Vidiot speaking to his schoolyard chums: "As soon as Rocky XII comes out and I've seen it twice, you suckers are gonna pay!!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

Well 4 years ago my Dad told me the end was very close now. So I asked him why he believes that. "Well, the economy is so bad", he says.

I said "Dad, is the economy as bad as it was back in the Great Depression? Because if the economy is the reason the end will come then Armageddon shoulda come back in the '20s or '30s." I got the blank stare and the silence.

So here we are 4 years later and still.... Armaggedon Has Not Arrived.

Are they giving any specific reasons presently as to why they believe the end is so close?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit