"The END is soooooo close"

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Why not ask him what would he like to see change first? I wonder if growing older, ailments, family and friends dying, and being in a generation that hoped to live into the new system without dying, prompts this? My mother used to say that more and more as she got older and age was catching up. She died a few years ago not seeing the promise she hoped for.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its loaded language. Keeps em all from giving it any real thought.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I only know this:

It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction - Acts 1:7

Whether the end is close or not, Christ said to "keep on the watch". He never said, "don't live your life."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Mathematically, the end can be close and perennially getting closer, yet never make it. Is this why the washtowel wants people to flunk algebra?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Maybe the end already happened and everyone was so busy with real life that we just plain missed it. The boat has left the dock and the bus left the terminal. Sorry folks, you can all go home now,,,,

• flipper
    flipper

" The END is soooooo close " . Uh-huh. Like it was 134 years ago when Russell started this " end times " BS like many other religions have over the centuries. It's so ridiculous. like a carrot on a string in front of desperately seeking JW rabbits. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello exwhyzee ,

As for your uncle and those like him

It's sad he never looked at the life he has now

as a gift to be opened and enjoyed

I'd rather live this life to the full

than waste time wishin' , and waitin' on another

Life is a gift. It's foolish not to appreciate this one

then look for another

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

It's almost relieving to know the big A isn't coming while still in. It really changes your perspective on life a lot.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Was - thanks for those quotes from the Reasoning Book, when I see the Dubs in the subway station I'm gonna bring those quotes up, I copied them word for word !!

Also did that a few weeks ago with some other quote from the Kingdom Ministry and an Awake that somewhat mentioned here, that shows the saying the Armageddon is practically around the corner.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Shirley

I had some Witnesses twistin' in the wind when they used to stop by

" Lucky " for me one had thier Reasoning book on 'em

And we went over these very things. Of course they threw up " New Light "

when I asked them to turn to the chapter on False Prophets

they refuse to indulge me because they claimed they didn't have the time that day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit