"The END is soooooo close"

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

My JW family do believe the end is soooooooooooooo close - they have quit their jobs and now call themselves pensioners (er pioneers) They have their go to bags. Ja see you 10 years.

Ah, I am not the only one

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I think a lot of JWs keep repeating that mantra because they have nothing left to hold onto. Many think that if they just keep repeating it, it will HAVE to happen.

I've heard said by both Friends TM and from the stage, that the end HAS to be close because Jehovah would never allow His people to made fools of.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I just got a card in the mail from my long time girlfriend who is now pushing 51 years old, she has pioneered since leaving high school which is 33 years now. Both her and her husband have worked at jobs that are very physical and not always paying great.

She wrote me "Very soon we will experience our deliverance from this wicked world and live in the New World."

It just made me so sad to read that, she is just desperately hanging onto a hope that was promised to her if she did what she was told.

I know they have always been in debt charging on credit as she once told me why not use credit cards the system is going to end soon and we will not have to worry about paying them back, that was about 12 years ago, those cards have been long due to have been paid back by now.

It is truly a sad life for those who have given up everything for the false promise of never having to die.

LITS

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I've heard said by both Friends TM and from the stage, that the end HAS to be close because Jehovah would never allow His people to made fools of.

Too late.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"Why spend 10s or 100s of thousand$ of dollar$ on a KH that is adequate if The End is that near?" Exactly, why burden the publishers if it isn't going to be necessary in the new system. It is sad and several of my friends are desperate now for this "new system" to arrive. They've lived their lives without a retirement plan, or decent medical care. It's terrible to watch

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

It seems like the people who say this is the most are the ones who have been in the WT the longest. I remember one of the older CO's always emphasizing that "the end would come during our lifetime'. Another old timer told me once Satan knows he has NO TIME LEFT. Still another time the visiting speaker asked if we remembered how in the 80's we always thought the end was around the corner, and how it was already here. I was like WTF?

• hoser
    hoser

"The end is soooooo close" you can smell it

heard that one more than once

• Think About It
    Think About It

Jehovah must not be watching any stand up comedians.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation " in which the present wicked world will end."______Reasoning from the scriptures book page 97

" ( The "generation" that was alive in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case." ______Reasoning from the scriptures book page 239

" What is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."_____Sept 15 2010 Wt para. 8 page 13

" It is truly a sad life for those who have given up everything for the false promise of never having to die "_____ Life is to Short

• blondie
    blondie

And if the end were not close or closer? The WTS tells its members to pattern themselves on OT characters...like Abraham. How many jws remember that he never saw the fulfillment of his promise in his lifetime? The WTS chastises the rank and file for wanting Paradise Soon when it is the WTS that fires up this hope.

*** w01 8/15 p. 28 par. 12 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine ***Once again, consider Abraham’s example. He built his whole life on faith in God’s promises, even though there was no chance that they would all be fulfilled within his lifetime.

(Hebrews 11:13-14) . . .In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land. 1 . .

*** w99 7/15 p. 18 par. 9 Anchored by Hope, Impelled by Love ***Drawn by the hope of "Paradise soon," some were prepared to spare no efforts to attain it—zealous in the preaching work and regular in attendance at all meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Now thinking that the realization of their hopes is farther off than they anticipated, they have lowered the price they are willing to pay. This is evident in reduced preaching activity, irregularity at meetings, and willingness to miss parts of assembly or convention programs. Others are devoting more time to recreation and to obtaining material comforts. These facts lead us to consider what should be the driving force in our lives in line with our dedication to Jehovah. Should our zeal in his service be dependent on the hope of "Paradise soon"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit