Interesting Quote from Adolph Hitler in MEIN kAMPF

by Band on the Run 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

"The aim of propaganda is not to try to pass judgment on conflicting rights, giving each its due, but exclusively to empahsixe the right which we are asserting. Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favorable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side.....

The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form a reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly waveering between one idea and another....The masses are not in a position to discern where the enemy's fault ends and where our own begins....

The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex,but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and postive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, turth and falsehoood.,,,,And thus it was that this atrocious lie was positively believed."

p. 177-179, Nook edition.

Sounds familliar, doesn't it?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Band On The Run. Good one.

Just Lois

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am reading Mein Kampf. It is so long I may not finish it. When I started reading again after posting here, I found the passages. It was coincidence. I always read that Hitler promised his evil in this book. It was available to political leaders. Copies in this country were burned. They were right. He was quite clear.

I've been reading the Manchester bio of Winston Churchill during the WWII era. As an American, I had no idea what England endured alone for so long. Hearing about it and reading the details are very different. After 9/11, I can't even begin to understand the Blitz. Those "Keep Calm and Carry On' signs are hot in the states. Most Americans have no idea.

• glenster
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Adolph Hitler: Propadanda ... must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side.....

Interesting quote!

Did you see the series of three articles on propaganda in the Awake! of 2000?

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion . - Awake!, June 22, 2000, pp. 9-11 – [Emphasis added]

They were actually quite informative and well written. The irony of course is that it openly discusses what the WTBTS literature is as: propaganda.

Of course, no "Kool-aid" drinking JW would pick-up on that!

Once you've learned the truth about "The Truth" (TTATT) it's impossible not to see it. It's like one of those optical illusions that you don't see right away, but once you see it, you can never again "not" see it!

Articles like this convince me that the writers of WT publications are fully aware of what they are doing. It is deliberate and calculated.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

You can read that article online, here at jw.org:

Here's the rest of the paragraph I quoted above:

Often [ Propagandists] real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

It's prett creepy, isn't it? In that paragraph the WT writers clearly describe exactly what they do!

The article offers these five suggestions to avoid becoming a "Victim of Propaganda":

• Be selective
    • Use discernment
    • Put information to the test
    • Ask questions
    • Do not just follow the crowd

(Each bullet point has a paragraph or two explaining in detail how to apply these suggestions).

Imagine what would happen if everyone applied these principles while reading the Watchtower and Awake!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Powerful book from what I hear. I want to read it.

• zeb
    zeb

band on the Run. Thank you for your extract from Hitlers book. See if you can find a 1969 movie "The Battle of Britain". It is a movie but given whatyou say will be found most informative.

and you are right. I have met several traveling Americans who would agree with you that most Americans have no idea, that their thinking and perception stops at the borders. This is well evident in the thinking of the wts with their "one size fits all" .

Some folks i have corresponded with in the US believed we have Kangaroos to be seen in our main streets. I answered as many as you have Bison.

Some years ago Australian journalists on an exchange with an American newspaper were asked by a university forum;

"Did Australia take part in the second world war and if so whose side were you on".*

and all the way down to "Do you have ice-cream in Australia yet?" and "How is it you speak english so well?"

(*have a look at Australian War Memorial website.)

and thanks to Glenster too.

• prologos
    prologos

watch glenster's second video and think F Franz, minus the sound.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Paraphrase of a quote about "Mein Kampf" I've always liked:

Hitler adopted an old goal: to conquer the entire world. Unlike previous ambitious dictators, he wrote a book about his idea. What most people did not understand was that, while the approach was novel, the book was nonfiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit