Interesting Quote from Adolph Hitler in MEIN kAMPF

by Band on the Run 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• prologos
    prologos

Berliners called the book Mein Krampf ; = my (mental) cramp, zeisure. but it was no joke, but humor took the sting out of it.

Marlene Dietrich used to sing about it: "Es geht alles vorueber-- vorbei = Everything is going to pass, will be gone forever, even Hitler his SS and party. (partei)

in this song just substitute your favoured modern, latter day propaganda machine. liberating.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Certificate of Incorporation of Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

“Article IX … No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda.”

Link to download certificate: http://jwleaks.org/ttatt/

• Scott77
    Scott77

Here is a link of to free download of Mein Kampf. Its 525 pages in PDF. If you have a kindle Ereader, you can just upload it to Amazon cloud.

http://unityofnobility.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Adolf-Hitler-Mein-Kampf-english-translation-unexpurgated-1939.pdf

Scott77

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had no idea about the Awake article. It is so funny and so sad at the same time. No, never the Witnesses. I read further and Hitler talks about how repetition of propaganda is essential. Perhaps he attended German meetings while writing his book -- well, before going to prison.

It is hard to believe I was born into a cult. I am so glad I left.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Why would anyone want to read that crap book?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Mein Kampf is not a crap book. It sheds light on the Nazi phenomena. If I were a poli sci prof, I would assign portions of it with Plato's Republic and Machiavelli, The Prince. Knowing your enemy is essential. Hitler was no Fidel Castro or Ho Chi Minh playing both sides for a long while. He was abundantly clear concerning his personality, reasoning, and goals. Europe and America ignored Nazism at their peril.

Besides learning history, the book is instructive. What are our leaders and press ignoring now? Appeasement was doomed to failure. It had no chance of working. One of the biggest lessons learned is how Hitler consistently refers to German humiliation during WWI and its crushing peace terms. The Allieds offered their conquests an honorable peace. Crushing an entire nation breeds hatred.

The solution to not being disturbed by actors in the real world is to be a Witness. Only read what you agree with and your world will contract.

I heartily recommend reading a substantial portion ofi it.

The strange thing is that I was agreeing with Adoph for the first 100 pages. My interest was what personal experiences led to his antiSemitism. NPR had a Hitler historian on the air who said that Hitler voluntarily chose to live in a Jewish section of Vienna. His painting clients were mostly Jews. He sat and socialized with them in cafes and in their homes. I recall George Wallace and Strom Thurmond making a big show of opposing integration. One of the memorable scenes of my life was watching Wallace and Nick Katzenbach face down over the integration of the University of Alabama. Wallace proclaimed "segregation forever." Once the civil rights agenda was forced on them, many of these race haters appealed to local black voters. They were re-elected with a large black vote.

George Wallace ran for some public office earlier in his career. He ran as a moderate against a nasty segregationist. Wallace barely received any votes. He said it would never happen again. Was Hitler not so personally opposed to Jews? He offers no rationale. In fact, there is hardly antiSemitism for the first 100 pages. Perahps he was tapping into the antiSemitic that was explosive for countless centuries.

• glenster
    glenster

My posts in an earlier discussion about about Hitler and antisemitism give
    some research sources with clues. He seems to have bought into/pandered to
    a combination of pseudoscience about Eugenics, antisemitism, and a master Aryan
    race, and put it together to mean inferior people should be eliminated/made
    unable to reproduce to advance the Aryan race.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/239248/1/occasional-eccentricity-and-abnormal-attitudes-of-Jehovahs-Witnesses-in-regard-to-the-Anti-Islam-Videographere28099s-First-Amendment-Right-to-Insult-Religion-cited

Russell then JWs leaders, like Popoff, have clearly feigned exclusiveness to
    pander/market to people who want exclusive religious leaders. I think Farrakhan
    has as well--probably more a cynical businessman for bigots than an actual
    bigot. Maybe Hitler was a pandering politician or believed his own stuff.
    Ideas that are archaic now about Eugenics and racism fooled a lot of people
    then--they might have fooled Hitler or he saw a market to exploit. He probably
    pandered to Christians who were antisemitic with his Positive Christianity
    variation, for example.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_Christianity

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You're an absolute moron if you would academically equate Mein Kampf with Plato. It's got about as much academic merit as reading the rationale of a serial killer if you were studying criminology, that's about all. Don't romanticize history's most evil men and war criminals.

• 5go
    5go

Why would anyone want to read that crap book?

Those who forget history are doome to repeat it. Most banned books should be required reading. They are dangerous which is why they need to be read and criticized. Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, and Atlas Shrugged should be read by all and then criticized.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Absolutely nonsense and piffle. You should be ashamed of yourself. History judges Hitler and men like him by the grossly evil fruitages and crimes against humanity they produced. There's no need to read their twisted crap to remember those terrible lessons. What are you going to suggest next, that everyone must read the writings of Marilyn Manson to remember what he did was evil and wrong, or we must all read the teachings of Jim Jones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit