Interesting Quote from Adolph Hitler in MEIN kAMPF

by Band on the Run 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Ok Yadda, makes a lot more sense.

and yes, reading about the techniques, the teachings, the charisma and ability of these insane but extremely effective leaders is the only way to be educated about them. History will repeat itself if people have short memories or don't learn from them.

Nepoleon is another example of a an insanely sucessful leader with massive desusions of grandure, as these all seem to have in common.

Education is the number one defense. Ignorance of these control methods is the number one trait of the victim.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You're missing my point entirely but I'm sick of this obnoxious thread. Go and read Mein Kampf or Jim Jone's sermons if you really think its so crucial, LOL.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

yadda, I have. I also think it is cricial for impressionable older teens should be exposed to it with a critical review of what they read.

Teach them before they are ignrant and vulnerable to those type of dangerous leaders.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah Cracked had a nice article on Chalie Chaplin and how he was deported (despite being a natrual born american) from the US for making fun of Hitler in the litle dictador. It wasn't till a decade after the war the US finally forgave him by then Chaplin was pretty much in the screw America mood for the rest of his life.

• glenster
    glenster

Hollywood was disappointingly slow at crticizing Hitler because Germany was a
    notable foreign market:

"Hollywood and Hitler," by Thomas Doherty
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/books/review/hollywood-and-hitler-by-thomas-doherty.html?_r=0

"Imaginary Witness"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1NpNLlrIkU
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_Witness

Chaplin became associated with politics--in a good way (politically, at
    least)--with "The Great Dictator." About a generation later, after Chaplin had a
    paternity suit and made a public stand against the HUAC of the red scare days,
    the Attorney General bluffed that Chaplin couldn't re-enter the US and unfortun-
    ately Chaplin decided not to try to re-enter:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin#The_Great_Dictator

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought Chaplin was born and raised in England. The film Chaplin with Robert Downey, Jr. was a masterpipece. The Great Dictator was filmed earlier than I thought. It was awesome propaganda. He did not think Hitler was funny but worhhy of ridicule. It is a masterpiece. Other films are my favorites, though. I loved the Little Tramp.

He played an extraordinary role in organizing actors to obtain rights. I believe he formed United Artists with Mary Pickford and other idols to put brakes on the power of the studios.

When it comes to Oona O'Neil, though, I feel disgusted. Hey, John Lennon was in great company. He was virtualy a prisoner in New York City. An older partner told this tale when Lennon was murdered. He was at a luxury resort in the West Indies where John was also a guest. This partner was about seventy and not a Lennon type. The partner's friend was British, a heavy in Lloyd's of London. John approached the much older Lloyds executive and asked if they he could socialize with him. He explained he was so lonely for British company.

• TD
    TD
    It can happen here. I see the extreme right, particularly those who hate Obama but can't articulate any reasons, and the extreme left, who often act as fascists. Obama had a fight with leftists fascists.

Yes. You can draw some disturbing parallels to extremeists on both sides of the liberal/conservative divide. (And I say this as a Jewish person.)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Oubiliette

Havent you just defined cognitive dissonance ?

smiddy

• still thinking
    still thinking

I was always troubled by why the Jews did not resist on a massive scale. It seemed awkward to ask Jews I knew. Finally, I found an expert. She told me that the Nazis did not run a normal society and suddenly grab Jews into concentration camps. Rather, a long process of dehumanization occurred. First, they were restricted in small measures.

That is how most dictatorships begin...they slowly erode at your personal freedom. A bit like what has been happening for a few years now under the guise of protection and security.

• sinis
    sinis

...and the best propaganda come from the victor of war. You should really do some research on how he came to power, why he invaded Poland and Europe, and especially why those in camps really died... now I'm not saying that both sides did not commit wrong - war is evil to begin with. Yet, somehow the propaganda machine went into overdrive following his defeat and during... Why does no one speak of such ills against Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, American forces nuking two cities, etc... funny how things work out...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit