Kinky details to JW boys death

by Kep 63 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I sent this story out on the sl email list, this was one reply I received:

Allegedly the Oved family had Mossad (Israeli Secret Service) Connections and it has been widely touted in the "Truth" that it was a hit or Kidnapping against his father. I Have tramped in that country and find it extremely difficult to comprehend how he got where he was found. And if he got there of his own free will, How come he was not found much sooner.

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

The article does not say who took the pictures. It could have been the teenagers taking pictures of each other. Maybe the adults didn't even know they did it.

And yes the elders should be above it all, but they are human after all. And the last time I checked farting in someones face is not a sin. Rude yes, a sin no.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• thewiz
    thewiz

Shimmer

ditto

----

If this story isn't a prank it's tragic that it ended this way. Is this here a Darwin Award candidate? -Maybe.

But it's the double-standard thing going on again. JDubs aren't allowed to be human.

But then I've come to realize that the truth can only be found here, because nowhere else have I found such an eclectic group of people who are absolutely and totally perfect.

Why I was a full 27 years old when I heard my first elder fart. It was scandalous to say the least. I didn't know they did or could do that. I went down into the deep bowels of my basement and hid because I thought Armageddon was-ah comin' and the great God Jah had abandoned his earthly borganization.

If they have fun - they're not supposed to have fun
    If they don't have fun it's - why can't they have fun?

• apostate man
    apostate man

amcc,

Acting stupid killed this kid, no matter how you look at it. We do know some things that happened, but maybe we don't know the whole story. Either way, this foolishness got a kid killed. Simple.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mcc

If you are above this level of reproach
    My level as an apostate/pagan/lost person isn't really of importance, although i can't remember ever farting in someones face. I don't claim to represent god, or preach any moral standards to others. These dumb guys claim to represent god and his org. They have been supposedly appointed by gods spirit. They are supposedly shepherds, tenderly guiding gods flock, a shelter in the storm, knowing postively the sheep in their care.

Maybe, they should never have been appointed elders. Maybe they shouldn't be jw's. Maybe they could come way down to my level, eh?

SS

• amccullough
    amccullough
    Acting stupid killed this kid, no matter how you look at it.

That's ridiculous! That's like blaming the person who gave him the last cup of water he drank that made him have to go pee which caused him to go to the outside toilets which somehow lead to his death!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I spent a little time with Rami Oved and family before they emigrated to New Zealand. They are all warm, kind, people and were a close family. This will have had a shattering effect on them.

Please don't try and turn these people into pawns in the battle against the Watchtower Society. It was a camping trip with some stupid horseplay that had tragic results. Please let the family grieve with out being subjected to communications that try to further others' agendas. We complain when the Witnesses use tragedy to target people who are emotionally vulnerable, surely we should avoid this practice ourselves?

Why not just give them some space, rather than creating moral crucifixions or spreading ridiculous rumours about Mossad, that will only increase the hurt these people are feeling?

Expatbrit

• Satanus
    Satanus

One question that has not been brought up, to my knowledge, is, was booze involved? Were any of these, especially the dumb guy elders, drunk, or just feeling a bit tipsey. I believe the wt has counceled against drinking to the point of tipsiness.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Xpat

Point taken.

SS

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

You guys will argue about anything! Just reading the article did not give me the idea that anything kinky was going on. I thought maybe New Zealanders used that word differently. Anyway, there's a lot of speculation here and precious few facts to start accusing people of murder or rape. Lots of stupidity and poor behavior and the death of a little boy. Very little to go on to start making accusations. Perhaps it would be better to hold your fingers before you type out something stupid?

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit