Symposium: Beware of Apostates! - 'God's Word is Truth!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses 2013 - not on JW.ORG

by mindnumbed 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWB
    JWB

Moses Unedited, well at least all that typing was worthwhile. Thanks for your kind remarks. What you say is absolutely right. I for one think it counter-productive to protest either at assemblies or outside Kingdom Halls. While I have serious issues with the WTS, I don't think it proper to cause public disturbances to JWs trying to follow their religious beliefs. Nor do I think it right to cause problems internally by arguing with JWs at meetings, or confronting them in an aggressive manner. I believe these sorts of actions help reinforce in the minds of a lot of JWs the stereotypes the GB likes to paint for them. Anyway, it really is not necessary as there are a lot more effective ways these days to reach out to people when they are ready. I also have decided that if/when a JW turns up at my door I will simply wait for them to ask for my opinions if they wish to know.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Does anyone have the rest of the convention ?

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

"Apostates are not sincere in their expressions"

False. Conducting my own research, I've found that information on apostate websites used quotes from the wbts itself. We are indeed sincere about exposing TTATT. Why would we lie? We have been lied to, misinformed, bamboozled.

To compare a df person to an alcoholic or drug addict - well, even family members would shun them and would get them appropriate help. They would check up on them from time to time. But wait, didn't "Mother" say don't look for excuses to contact df persons???

• Londo111
    Londo111

Many thanks for the notes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

God, they're getting shrill, aren't they?

The last time I saw Bible-thumpers this freaked out was during the lead-up to Obama's first-term election.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So what really is an apostate from a biblical point of view.

Is an apostate someone who:

1/ Obey Jesus Christ?

or

2/ Obeys men?

Luke 21:8

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them

Do not go after them!

So..................... who really are the apostates?

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So what really is an apostate from a biblical point of view.

Is an apostate someone who:

1/ Obey Jesus Christ?

or

2/ Obeys men?

Luke 21:8

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them

Do not go after them!

So..................... who really are the apostates?

abe

• steve2
    steve2

Arguments about who are the "real" apostates have engaged fervent minds across multiple centuries of Christianity. Meanwhile, in one teeny-tiny area of the picture, the issue of apostasy revolves around the Watchtower Society. But, this argument would be equally 'at home' in any number of religious organizations, 7th-Day Adventists, Mormons, Pentecostals, Evangelicals included.

It is interesting that a view sometimes expressed on this forum is that the real apostates are the GB with some suggesting that there was a time when the GB were doing God's will but have now apostasized. Yet, in fact, the organization has been driven by shrill warnings for multiple decades. If you want shrill, read some of Rutherford's late 1920s to 1930s rants about apostates which makes today's warnings appear fairly tame, even if repetitive.

• Mary
    Mary
    JWB asked: Mary, how can you copyright 'the truth'?

Good question JWB, but unfortunately, the Borg cares nothing about what is 'the truth'. Eight years ago, a former poster on here who went by the name of Quotes, put a website together that only had quotes from the Craptowers own literature over the last hundred years. He was threatened with a lawsuit from Crooklyn for doing nothing more than quoting 'the truth'. Here are the links where you can read all about it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/83334/1/Quotes-website-receives-Cease-Desist

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/85111/1/Quotes-website-Defending-and-Legally-Establishing-an-Update

As we all know, the Borg has a limitless supply of lawyers who were willing to drag this stuff out for years but the average person does not have the financial means to do the same. What was so hilarious is that in the brief that Crooklyn filed, it specifically said that Quotes' motive was to "embarass" them, apparently by their own hand. Since he didn't have the means to drag this through litigation, he took the site down but someone over in the UK took it up and it can be found here: http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow. Awesome. Total freaking hateful. So controlling.

Interesting that now they say, "blah blah blah [and more blather] from the faithful and discrete slave, the Governing Body...!!"

I've heard people say that once you "learn the truth about the truth", you just can't go back to believing it. The lies are so blatant, the reasoning so twisted, the words so judgmental and controlling, the scriptures misapplied and misused... the faulty conclusions, the circular reasoning, the weird analogies that don't even apply or make sense, how so much is based on FEAR and CONTROL and OBEDIENCE to only them... so much emphasis on the Organization, the organization, the organization... Ack, makes me sick to think about it now.

Especially feel so sad to hear the young babies and little children crying in the background.... :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit