Symposium: Beware of Apostates! - 'God's Word is Truth!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses 2013 - not on JW.ORG

by mindnumbed 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Apostates, however, differ from most of those whom we meet in our ministry. Apostates are not sincere in their expressions. Their aim is to manipulate your minds and undermine your faith."

----

Truly hypocritical, considering what the WTS has printed regarding this kind of rhetoric:

"Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller's strategy has worked.
    --Awake!, June 22, 2000

Awake 11/22 1984 p4:

"A closed mind…could even be a sign of uncertainty or doubt. For example, if we are unable to defend our religious views, we may find ourselves lashing out against those who challenge our beliefs, not with logical arguments, but with slurs and innuendos. This smacks of prejudice and of a closed mind."

• JWB
    JWB

AndDontCallMeShirley

A case of the pot calling the kettle black, right out of the horse's mouth. Unfortunately the WTS never seems to learn that what you write may well come back to haunt you, and the more you write ...

• nonjwspouse
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Well done, A.D.C.MeShirley!

• Jeffro
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Ghandi

I think we've reached the transition between stages 2 and 3...

• Watchtower-Free
  • Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

I'm so glad I won't be at this convention or any in the future. It disgusts me the things spewed from the stage. And I'm happy to say my children wont be sitting in the audience learning this dribble as I once did.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What if it's the apostates that are on the side of freedom? As it turns out, joke-hova wants us all enslaved, and thus anything that is opposed to it is good for humanity. And that goes for Satan and His Demons.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

MARKED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit