Symposium: Beware of Apostates! - 'God's Word is Truth!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses 2013 - not on JW.ORG

by mindnumbed 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

What is the most annoying part is "Welcome Brother No one... a Bethelite with 50000034320984209834980 years of full time service and an elder in WHo gives a rats ass congregation"

Why should that even matter? Its not like he wrote it, he is just a monkey reading off an outline. This is just a bunch of crap

• tiki
    tiki

i like the mahatma ghandi quote......:)

that whole bit about enablers/addicts/apostates is downright delusional. it is assuming that anyone with a real problem if left to their own devices is going to go down the tubes to self-destruction...what about people who seek help..or those who do have a genetic predisposition toward alcoholism but have control over themselves....or who crave drugs or a high but have sense to curtail the impulses.....such people may have support systems in place, and they should....and that is NOT a bad thing. they really ought to stay out of trying to use psychology/psychiatry in their rhetoric. and the whole big apostate fear - well if you're so fragile you can't face the facts, that is a sad situation. anyone who sees through the bs and detaches themselves from it automatically becomes this horrible defective creature who is out to get you???? i know some actively work to help enlighten those in the religion, but there are also a lot of us who do not - and who say let it be - there are a lot of nice decent people mixed up in the religion and they are sincere about it....if it works for them, fine....they like it, they are invested in it...leave them be.

• flipper
    flipper

These jack-ass WT leaders are full of poo-poo in their brains and display the utmost hypocrisy in claiming " apostates " are " manipulating " JW's minds and aren't sincere . If ANYBODY is manipulating JW's minds it's the WT writing committee and WT leaders themselves ! And to compare DFed people to drug addicts or alcoholics and any JW relatives associating with them as co-dependent ? Unfreakingbelievable. WT leaders must REALLY be desperate to stop the leaks in their criminal organization. Wow. Thanks for supplying this information

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tiki - "i like the mahatma ghandi quote......:)"

Thanks, but Cedars gets credit for once suggesting it might be relevent.

tiki - "that whole bit about enablers/addicts/apostates is downright delusional. it is assuming that anyone with a real problem if left to their own devices is going to go down the tubes to self-destruction...what about people who seek help..or those who do have a genetic predisposition toward alcoholism but have control over themselves....or who crave drugs or a high but have sense to curtail the impulses.....such people may have support systems in place, and they should....and that is NOT a bad thing.

Ah, but that would entail shades of grey; an authoritarian worldview doesn't really allow for that.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Talk: 'Truth brings not peace but a sword"

Brother says, lets look at MT 10:32-38 "Don't think" [Then he pauses] Then reads the scripture.

"Don't think' Implant the mind-control then read the scripture that they're trying to use to make it appear "scripturally sound"

Another doozy: "If you put ANY human before Christ then we're not worthy of him"

Wouldn't that include the GB? They're men/humans.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

"If you put ANY human before Christ then we're not worthy of him"

Hmm let's count how many times Matthew 24:45 is cited or quoted in WTS literature vs. John 3:16.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Truth Brings "Not Peace, But a Sword"

and it looks like the truth about this organization ( Watchtower Corporation ) which has been intently created from

a commercialized corrupt fraud is about to get slashed to pieces. Go Jesus !!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    flipper - "These jack-ass WT leaders are full of poo-poo in their brains and display the utmost hypocrisy in claiming 'apostates' are 'manipulating' JW's minds and aren't sincere. If ANYBODY is manipulating JW's minds it's the WT writing committee and WT leaders themselves"

Authoritarian leaders always accuse their enemies of what they're doing themselves.

And they need enemies; otherwise, what will they rally their followers against?

flipper - "And to compare DFed people to drug addicts or alcoholics and any JW relatives associating with them as co-dependent? Unfreakingbelievable."

Like I said on the previous page, transitioning from stage 2 to stage 3... which suggests it's gonna get pretty ugly in the near future; there've been rumblings about more and more "judicial" action taken against inactives and faders...

I know it sounds cruel, but a part of me hopes my elderly JW mom passes away before the GB decrees that passive XJWs are on a par with active "apostates" and she feels compelled to shun me and my family. I'm honestly not sure what she'll do.

flipper - "WT leaders must REALLY be desperate to stop the leaks in their criminal organization."

Yeah, I have to say, when you're on the ouside looking in, the desperation seems more and more palpable.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I applaud the WTBT$.

These talks were well orchestrated, a lot of time, effort and energy went into prepairing these talks.. A shining example of how well they can control the mind. I have to wonder who prompted them and which words would be the most effective to captivate the human mind. Now that I look back on my many years of "faithful service" I can see how easily it was for them to control my mind. It all sounds soooo good and true.

That's right, one of these talks made it plain and clear, even quoted it from the Bible. "Dont think" then a pause, then quoted the scripture. When confronted with a disfellowed family member the first words that will come to mind is the one that is literally designed to shut the mind down. "Don't think" They are truly masters at mind control and manipulation.

affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• JWB
    JWB

EXTRACTS AND NOTES ON THE 2013 DISTRICT CONVENTION TALK, "HUMAN APOSTATES"

Text appearing in quotes are from the convention talk speaker. Others are notes.

"You cannot be partaking of the table of Jehovah and the table of demons."

"If Satan and his demons are chefs in his evil kitchen, then human apostates are his helpers. Wicked humans imitate the original apostate Satan. Like Satan human apostates are unruly men who cook up wicked reasonings and season their brew with poisonous lies that deceive minds. Human apostates have fed at the table of Jehovah. At Jehovah's table they enjoyed a banquet of well oiled dishes, a banquet of wine kept on the dregs. They were domestics, part of the household of faith, who partook of Bible truth prepared and dispensed by the faithful steward, the Governing Body. But they pushed away from the table of Jehovah. Their preference is to partake of falsehood at the table of demons."

"Apostates do not drift away from the truth, they deliberately decide to go out from among God's people, because they are not of our sort. Human apostates are part of the seed of the serpent spoken of at Genesis three verse fifteen."

"How to identify human apostates and what you must do to protect yourself from the poison of apostacy."

"Apostacy often starts with prideful rejection of counsel and escalates into bitterness and jealousy."

Three characteristics of "apostates":

1. Luke 6:46. Call Jesus 'Lord', but don't do preaching work.

2. Acts 20:30. Rather than going out and making their own disciples, many want to take away "Christ's disciples" after themselves. Like kidnappers. Prey upon trusting members of the congregation, seeking to carry them away from "the flock". Additionally they seek to cause divisions in the congregation. 2 Peter 2:1 - False teachers quietly bring in destructive sects. Smooth talk on the internet and on the television or in letters to loyal Witnesses.

3. Claim to serve Jehovah, but they reject "his representatives". 3 John verse 9 - apostle John opposed by Diotrophes. In an effort to discredit "Jehovah's representatives." Mention of not trembling at "glorious ones". They lie to authorities. Incite bans on the work. Falsely stated that "Jehovah's organization" supported Hitler during his regime.

Protect from "poison" of apostacy. Romans 16:17. Avoid those who cause divisions. Illustration of doctor warning against a contagious deadly disease. Human apostates are "mentally diseased" and try to infect others with their disloyal teachings. 2 John 10 & 11 - no greetings. No visiting of websites or commenting on their blogs. Don't want to become sharers in "their wicked works". Not interested in twisted teachings and contradict God's word of truth. "We love Jehovah's organization. The organization that taught us thrilling truths."

"Apostates are not sincere in their expressions."

1 John 2:18-19. Antichrists. "Apostates become part of the antichrist. They are against Christ. They are liars and deceivers, bent on destroying your relationship with Jehovah God, and his son Christ Jesus."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit