Symposium: Beware of Apostates! - 'God's Word is Truth!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses 2013 - not on JW.ORG

by mindnumbed 121 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SCULLY - just happened to read he higlighted portion of "Great Teacher" and realized why I am so fucked up. Amazing crap.

• Quendi
    Quendi

My thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, particularly those of you who have transcribed portions of the district convention program. The people I feel the most sorry for are the sincere rank-and-file Witnesses who continue to cling to this cult. All I can hope to do for them is to extend my hand to any and all who want to get out and be free.

Quendi

• Zordino
    Zordino

Thanks for the link. What a bunch of A**holes to be spewing out this garbage!! Makes me so angry.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's not on jw.org because that site is accessible to the uninitiated public -- including prospective converts -- and this anti-apostate diatribe is meant exclusively for the mind-deadened indoctrinated sheeples.

• BroMac
    BroMac

marked for laters. transcripts of apostate talks and mp3

• sir82
    sir82
    I can't believe they are still beating on that "mentally diseased apostates" drum.

We had our circuit assembly recently. The phrase "mentally diseased" was used, verbatim, several times in one of the talks.

Apparently they are emboldened by the fact that no one has pressed a lawsuit claiming "hate speech" so they are doubling down on the phrase.

• BU2B
    BU2B

No truth is so fragile so as to allow 1 book to shatter it. If I taught that gravity is real and wrote a book about gravity, this is recognized as true, and even if there were people writing books, or having websites that denied gravity, would I be afraid of them? No because since it is true, it can stand any debate or analysis. The GB says its ok to examine your religion, and if you really have the truth there is nothing to fear from a critical examination, but this is only true for non JWs. If a JW was to apply this same standard, It would be apostasy to them.

1968 "We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with Gods Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what Gods will is for us, and then to do it." John 8:32 (The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life, 1968, p. 13)

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Thanks for posting this information!

datadog: I had my own doubts years before I visited any "apostate" websites. Then when I did, they only confirmed what I'd long suspected.

It was good to know I wasn't alone.

BINGO! The GB's renewed hysteria in the form of ad hominen attacks and paranoid us-vs-them posturing is a clear sign that more and more people are starting to wake up. Every cult needs a scape goat or a whipping boy (is that an appropriate term? Hmm) and wicked apostates are ideal. Yet the fact is, even if there were no apostates, a thinking person can find out the TTATT

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "We had our circuit assembly recently. The phrase "mentally diseased" was used, verbatim, several times in one of the talks. Apparently they are emboldened by the fact that no one has pressed a lawsuit claiming "hate speech" so they are doubling down on the phrase."

The Christian Right has a habit of doing that, too; it's a common trait among authoritarian personalities and organizations.

Up until recently, conventional wisdom has held that ignoring obnoxious behavior is the best way to address it.

However, we're discovering that in the case of authoritarian personality types, it actually seems to have the opposite effect; if they aren't called out on negative rhetoric and conduct, they - for all intents and purposes - interpret that silence as tacit consent and a license to continue.

It's why "ignoring the bullies" at school doesn't work.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

BU2B,

Thanks for this!

1968 "We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with Gods Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what Gods will is for us, and then to do it." John 8:32 (The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life, 1968, p. 13

I think this is a quote that I was looking for a week ago. There is a newer quote that is the complete opposite of this quote. It basically says don't think you can question your beliefs and come away without injury. Crazy!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit