If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Remarkably it seems like a number of people here are very upset about me not believing in dating methods.

I would say multiple pairs of underwear are bunched up in knots over this thread.'

I think not. Its called reasoning w someone. I noticed that you threw out little baits for people to nibble. So, this is our chance to see how bunched up they are. Say the word, and i'll start the thread.

S

• James Brown
    James Brown

I wasn't throwing out bait, I posted kent Hovinds video and you wanted me to comment

on it I said I didnt want to. I just wanted the curious to watch with out the distractions.

I'd say the record in black and white on this thread shows you baited me.

Page 7 both you and Cofty baited me. I just posted a video.

• Satanus
    Satanus

' I posted kent Hovinds video and you wanted me to commenton it I said I didnt want to.'

Okay. But, i don't see me wanting you to use your own words as baiting you. However, your setting out several small conditions that would collapse your belief is what i consider bait.

A person could see the person posting those vids and your citations of scripture, without even quoting the actual words of those scriptures as a person hiding behind vids and scriptures.

S

• James Brown
    James Brown

I dont agree with you.

• cofty
    cofty
    Page 7 both you and Cofty baited me.

I didn't bait you James. I posed a very reasonable challenge which you have still failed to respond to...

JAMES BROWN - Here is a challenge. Choose the most compelling point from the video and write it up here in your own words

Still waiting.

I am convinced you don't actually understand what Hovind babbles on about. You just hear words like "circular" and it makes you feel all safe about your supertitious dogmas.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The video was relevant to the original posters topic.

It show that we didnt evolve.

I said to you don't watch it, it was not for you.

But you and cofty baited me.

Now you turn the tables on me.

That's the way this place is.

• James Brown
    James Brown

How many times do I have to tell you cofty.

Man can not date rocks with radiometric methods.

When they know the date of the rock they date it wrong.

When they don't know the date, they claim they date them right.

Which I don't believe but since no one knows the date of the rock

they hide behind that.

Based on your previous response I don't think you understand my contention

or get my drift. It is a major contention of Kent Hovinds who you say you are familiar

with and will disprove but you don't even know or under stand what he or I are talking

about.

We have been through this more than once on this thread.

I'm not buying your or others explanations.

If you cant disprove my original contention there is no use going any further.

And you are not proving it to me. You are only proving it to yourself and those like you.

Baiting is baiting, I know cops say they don't bait johns with prostitutes but baiting is baiting.

• cofty
    cofty
    It show that we didnt evolve.

No it actually showed that Hovind is a liar and that you don't understand the most basic facts about science.

There have been numerous excellent posts in this thread that totally dismantled Hovind's lies which you have completely ignored.

You have done a great service to science, reason and rational thinking by publicly demonstrating what happens when you commit to christian fundamentalism.

If you cant disprove my original contention there is no use going any further.

I did at length on page 9. What words didn't you understand?

I'm not buying your or others explanations.

You don't read them so how can you reject them?

• James Brown
    James Brown

Cofty you didnt explain how your radiometric dating works on page 9 to me

just to your lackeys.

If you read my response I gave you a d for effort.

Man can not date rocks

when they know the date they get the date wrong when they

don't know the date, they think they got the date correct.

How can you believe them to date millions of years when they cant date 5 years?

If somebody confused them so they couldn't use their circular reasoning that is the technicians

who ran the Geiger counters fault. If you need to know the strata the rock came from to calibrate

your clock that is circular reasoning. I am not going to tell you this again.

I think you are playing with me now. It is going beyond baiting.

• cofty
    cofty

Every single word of your previous post is just plain wrong.

If you read my post on page 9 carefully and if you read Wien's article you would know why it was totally wrong. But you don't because you choose the familiar comforts willful ignorance.

The following is perhaps the most erroneous line in your post..

If you need to know the strata the rock came from to calibrate your clock

You don't. I explained this at length.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit