If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

JB

Since you copied and pasted counter 'evidence', i will also copy and paste info on that info.

'Creation Science Rebuttals
    Creation Evidence Museum Lacks Evidence!

by Greg Neyman

© Old Earth Ministries

The Creation Evidence Museum in Glen Rose, Texas, claims to have evidences of a young earth on display. Careful examination of the main artifacts they claim show a young earth reveal that they are deceptions, and in many cases, not even clever ones. (To view their page of Museum Displays, visit CEM Online, and click on Museum Displays on the left column.)

The rebuttals for this museum are a compilation of articles from various websites. It is important to note that Carl Baugh, the person behind the museum, is at odds with other creation scientists. Click here to view Answers In Genesis' original article on Carl Baugh.

In addition, Baugh and his friends, Don Patton and Clifford Burdick, all claim advanced scientific degrees. However, research by Glen Kuban has revealed these degrees are fake. It is beyond me how a Christian can fabricate such degrees with no basis in fact. In short, Creation Evidence Museum, and its main operators, are built upon willful lies by supposed Christians.

2005 Update: Baugh now lists a Doctorate of Theology granted from Louisiana Baptist University. This school is unaccredited, and fits the description of a diploma mill. Thus, more than two decades after claiming his first phony degree, he is still at it.

The London Artifact

An iron and wooden hammer supposedly encased in limestone. CEM claims that this hammer could not be millions of years old (dated to the same age as the limestone) so the hammer/rock must be only thousands of years old. Glen Kuban, who has studied the claims of young earth artifacts from Texas for the last fifteen years, provides the real story behind this hammer (click here).

The Burdick Print

This footprint from what they claim is Cretaceous limestone, is said to show that man and dinosaurs walked together only a few thousand years ago. Glen Kuban provides a thorough rebuttal to this claim (click here). He shows the track contains anatomic errors, and demonstrates that abruptly truncated subsurface algal structures indicate this print was carved into the rock.

The Fossilized Human Finger

This supposed finger from a young girl, said to show bone structure in a CT scan, is nothing more than an interestingly shaped rock. Again, Glen Kuban provides a rebuttal to this claim (click here). Many of us over the years have found interesting rocks. It is clear what CEM wants to believe about the rock, but the evidence is underwhelming. Young earth creation science advocates should avoid this, and apparently all evidences from CEM.

The Meister Print

This supposed human sandal print, with the stitching showing in the impression, supposedly comes from Cambrian rock in the state of Utah. Glen Kuban addresses the claims by CEM about this artifact, showing that it is clearly not what they claim (click here).

The Hand Print In Stone

This supposed handprint in stone has been shown to be a trace fossil and not a human handprint. Click here for this claim (search for "handprint").

Iron Pot in Coal

This pot, it is claimed, came out of a piece of coal that was struck with a sledgehammer. The coal was supposedly traced back to a mine in Oklahoma, where the coal is said to be 295 million years old. You can buy a replica of this item from CEM. No rebuttals to this item appear on the internet. This does not mean it is not capable of being rebutted. For instance, since the coal is not available, how can we provide any kind of rebuttal. The pot itself would not give us the evidence we need. Since we only have the pot, and the claims of young earth creationists, we cannot verify the veracity of their claim. Given the false claims mentioned above, especially in cases such as the Burdick Print, which was obviously carved, I have no choice but to assume this claim is also fabricated.

Conclusion

Creation Evidence Museum is a collection of fabricated, faked items. Items which cannot be verified, such as the iron pot, leave us with no choice but to assume these also are faked. When presenting evidence, it is the burden of the creation science advocate to provide evidence to corroborate the authenticity of the item. Baugh and CEM provide none whatsoever. When considering any evidence from young earth creationist Carl Baugh, one should immediately suspect deception and deceit.'

S

• Witness My Fury
  • 5go
    5go

Ever notice that are animal for the most part are born able to walk and communicate.

Did you know that you were born premature. All human babies are, why?

Simple it has to do with the evolution of the Human brain and the Human Female pelvis bone. It short the birth canal at some point in our evolution reached it's max size but the brain didn't. So in order to allow a babie to pass threw the birth canal humans had to evolve the ability to have premature babies safely.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Satanus, this is why I just wanted to leave it with posting the video.

This is a pissing contest. I'll go with God and the Bible, you go with atheism and evolution.

It's fine with me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, my friend, you reverted to copying and pasting. I would appear that that was all you had, as far as that information was concerned. If it has meagre support, why use it? So, i pissed on it w copied and pasted rebuttal. By all means, post youtubes and paste copies, if you want.

S

• James Brown
    James Brown

It's not the copy and pasting Satanus. It's just God, man, evolution, creation, atheism it's an argument

that cant be won. And I keep letting myself get sucked into it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Circular reasoining doesnt cut it with me.

Simply repeating "circular reasoning" over and over anytime you are outmatched, outgunned and outwitted doesn't mean there circular reasoning going on any more than yelling "let's see the bitch certificate" means Obama was born in Kenya.

If I were grading your paper, I would give you a D. I would give you the D because you turned in a paper.

Being a county lockup babysitter doesn't qualify you to grade papers on subjects you don't understand.

This is a pissing contest. I'll go with God and the Bible, you go with atheism and evolution.

It's fine with me.

You must think it's raining right now.

• prologos
    prologos

James Brown: look at cofties' tree illustration. he took a leaf from the WT overlapping generation idea. Different trees lived at different overlapping times, but catastrophic events like the little ice age for example are present in the ring spacing in all, albeit in some trees when they were young, others later. but of course the bristlecone pine and sequoyas lived thousands close to 10 000 years as individuals.

so, dont try to make a stubborn and "brilliant" defense for the untenable proposition.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Man has proven he can not date rocks when he knows the dates they get the date wrong.

If you cant date rocks, you cant use rocks to date fossils.

If you use rocks to date fossils that is circular reasoning.

As long as you date rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks that is circular reasoning.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

As long as you date rocks with fossils and fossils with rocks that is circular reasoning.

Thast's not what is happening. Read it again, slowly, ask for help if you need. Continually repeating the same wrong mantra doesn't make you right, it just makes it obvious how little you know about the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit