But Satan DIDNT lie!???

by mrbunyrabit 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

Why does the bible portray Satan as this big liar, and that he is the father of the lie when he didn't lie?
    (what? how now?)

Genesis 3:4-5

4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

So what Satan said was

1. You will become like God

2. Knowing good and evil

3. Your eyes will be opened

4. You surely will not die

So what then happened? Genesis 3: 22

22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

Sooooo

1. Men DID become like God

2. Men DID get to know good and evil

3. Their eyes DID open

4 They could have eaten from the tree of life and live forever

Point number 4 I would defend as follow.

I cannot say that if a snake bites you, that you will SURELY DIE. No... you will die if you dont get medical help.

So, Adam and eve could have lived forever if they have then eaten from the tree of life, but God stopped them from eating of it. So technically they Would NOT have died. (with or without Gods help)

If Satan said, "No, God said it was okay to eat from that tree" then yes,he would have lied, but he did nothing of the sort!!

HOW THEN is he a lair??!!!

• okage
    okage

Ha! I posted this exact same thing point for point on Yahoo Answers a few months ago. So it's clearly something that people will come to through critical thinking.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Satan is NOT a liar by any means. He wanted to liberate mankind from the despotic, egotistical asswipe, who derives pleasure in creating and then torturing sentient beings.

I love mythology........

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

uhhhhhhh (Face palm) And some people defend this..... "No! He IS A LIAR!"

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

uhhhhhhh (Face palm) And some people defend this..... "No! He IS A LIAR!"

I'm a little confused mrbunyrabit- are you supporting your own topic or refuting it?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Nice. Never thought this point before. Genesis is a mess taken literally.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, it seems like a good idea for God to never lie but Satan does...sometimes lie. All we mortals have to do is sort it out! Piece of cake!

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

@AndDontCallMeShirley Yea I see my wording sucked a bit in that last comment.

No im supporting my own comment. Reading the account, I can't find Satan a Liar. And I can't see how this can or could stand in Any court.

John 8:44

New International Version (NIV)

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

I cannot find any truth in this statement given the above account.

• Comatose
    Comatose

The whole tree of life thing is a mess. Angels guarding the way with swords before there even swords invented. Why did God let Cain kill Abel? I mean he carried on a conversation with him. He protected him after it. It doesn't make sense.

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

@Comatose Interesting......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit