After the cult how many reject faith in anything?

by Seraphim23 136 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    it actually enhances my life and gives a freedom to me that my atheist friends don't have .

What freedom is that?

In England much social reform was bought about by people of faith

Who, when and where?

TRUE religion enhances the individual and society .

What is the 'true' religion and what is your evidence for this?

Not attacking you jhine but your post intrigues me

• *lost*
    *lost*

oh please dont let this thread descend into a punch up. it's all so pink and fluffy and loooovely.

find a happy place, find a happy place ... lol

• BU2B
    BU2B

A good song for this thread, by my favorite band. This is Faithless by Rush.

Can someone embed this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM8wa-gtB7o

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Seraphim23!

As a fallen sinner, who is dysfunctional, I was granted the "free gift" of faith, by unmerited favour, upon accepting and pursuing the "full Good News" or "unabridged gospel".

Faith emanates from God (our heavenly father). Belief emanates from man.

Faith is what allows the spiritual man to "see" or discern matters hidden from the physical/natural/carnal/temporal man (1 Cor 2:14,15).

I no longer believe in legalism, moralism, Nicaean ethnocentrism, Gnosticism, religion, the god of religion (Satan), or in the "ruling religious clergy class" (no matter what they call themselves).

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

• Fernando
  • BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks Fernando

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

On Seraphim's comment on p.2: I did have a revelatory experience. It led me to JW'S. Getting out of the mindset included understanding that supernatural and revelatory experiences come from within the mind and not from God. Why do you suppose such experiences lead people to vastly different beliefs?

The problem of evil is a biggie, but never underestimate the simple idea that people finally do some thinking to accept the scientific explanation of life, the universe, and everything.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

*lost* Man may have done those things, but why must god sit back and be quite. Why must he not do anything? Why must we continually prove ourselves worthy? Too many whys for me........if there was a god he could step in anytime - why doesn't he appear to fighting nations and say "enough" in his booming godly voice, "I am god and I do not like what I see - carry on and I'll zap you. Love one another and I'll bless you"

Nope my dear, too much horribleness in this world for me to believe in a god.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Good comment Fernando.

OnTheWayOut would it be a personal question to ask what your revelatory experience consisted of?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fernando -

Faith emanates from God (our heavenly father).

How does this work? I'm not sure I understand this statement.

Faith is what allows the spiritual man to "see" or discern matters hidden from the physical/natural/carnal/temporal man (1 Cor 2:14,15
    ).

This seems to suggest that god picks and chooses who he helps. I wouldn't say that's a level playing field. When I was a Christian he did nothing for me. It was my non believing friends that were the most help.

Belief emanates from man.

Yes. This is true. It's all just men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit