MUSIC - Giants of the Past V Wimps of the Present .. are kids losing out ?

by *lost* 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

There's LOOOOOADS of good stuff out there no matter WHAT genre of music you listen to. The problem is that with the internet, we can get bogged down wading through the sewage to find the good stuff. Wait, there's no good stuff in sewers, That didn't work. You get my drift, it's a long process to sift through it all, but there's plenty out there.

Regarding the rock GODS, I think to a certain extent there aren't the MEGASTARS of yore, (led zep, queen, hendrix), PARTLY because it's a bit more of a level playing field now, the internet offering more exposure to more people, rather than just the select few who would be promoted in the magazines of the 60's 70's 80's etc.

But I'm as excited as ever by music, with the recent offerings by The Arcade Fire, Biffy Clyro, Thom Yorke, Bright eyes, anything from Mike Patton, plenty of bands on dischord records (newage punk/alternative), as well as discovering whole GENRES and sub-genres of music that I've never bothered with before, I could go on,, NOT rock/pop GODS by any means, but as creatively beautiful as ANY music I've enjoyed from ANY decade.

Music is GREAT! There's plenty around, do a little digging and surprise yourself!

• *lost*
    *lost*

I watched a really interesting program the other night about Hip-Hop and how that has evolved over the years.

It was great to see the old clips form back in the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit