Who left or got stumbled over the 1995 generation thing?

by Julia Orwell 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

I was gone from the KH for a long time, but when I read about this new twisted generation bs, I was stunned.

The whole basis of the Last Days TM interpretation of Matthew, was that Armaggedon would come before the generation that was an 'age of understanding' at 1914 died off. That was drilled into my head since BIRTH.

How can they swallow this clap-trap and sleep at night? Not out of guilt, but out of FEAR that they are wasting the only life they have?

I feel sorry for them ....

• talesin
    talesin

Addendum: There are many, too, who have family in, and are living in constant fear because they know this truth. My heart is with you, and all who feel trapped. Trust me, I understand.

You can get through this! Somehow, some way ... xo

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Substituting 'will never' for 'may never'- that's an outright frigging lie with whopping great bells hanging off it! But like the citizens in 1984, the average Jw wouldn't know cuz they're cut off from the past publications.

Yet show em that PDF and they'll tell you apostates 'doctored'it...how do you win?

• talesin
    talesin

Julia Orwell ... I have tried. I tried with the UN scandal, I tried with the tale of a friend who was molested and it was covered up (2-witness rule), I tried with 1975,,, logic just doesn't work with many JWs.

There is no 'win' until something inside that JW starts to feel uncomfortable .. used ... whatever gets them to really thinking.

xo

t

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I knew it was a lot of hooey, but I didn't leave over that. The ball was already rolling as I'd found out about the pedophilia.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I remember specially that November 1995 Wt, what a load of hooey, told the wife there is something very wrong her, and she of course being blinded by the bs went right on as if nothing happened, that and researching 607 vs 587/586 got me on the road to being mentally out, didn't break fully until 2011 after my wife passed away. But mentally was gone but stayed in because of wife, she was happy, and hell I had accompanied her when she had gone to the Catholic church where i would zone out and then zoned out after that November article. After her passing the real love of the congregation showed, we seemed to have disappeared me and my children who were still at home were forgotten like we never existed. I attended the propaganda bs for her funeral because that is what she had wanted and requested if something ever happened to her. After that my feet never again to this date have stepped into a kingdom hall and I never will go through that door again. The lie lie lie and the rank and file just sit there like zombies and let the drivel wash acroos what ever brain synapses they have active at the time and do no thinking whatsoever on what is taking place. Good thing about the lazy assed congregation no one comes around ever and it's a good thing because i would hit them with both barrels.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah, beware the 'apostate!'

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I remember specially that November 1995 Wt, what a load of hooey

Could somebody point me to were I could read this Nov 95' WT? As mentioned before, I left in October 1995, but can't remember if I read this Nov 95' "generaton" change article prior to leaving. I know that after I left I never read anymore JW literature.

• zound
    zound

I was nine at the time but I rememeber as a kid being at a convention when this new light broke - I used to do the maths and think "cool armageddon must be here soon if all we have to do is wait for these old guys to died out." I asked my mother to explain this new light to me.

She tried, but I didn't quite get it at the time (in fact I never really did). But I do rememeber feeling a huge sense of disappointment that they had changed the goalposts and Armageddon wasn't as close as I thought.

Though most of my JW life can be a bit of foggy blur sometimes - there are moments of clarity that still stand out to me. This was one of them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I remember born-ins and young converts ie whose mothers converted saying similar to me in the 90s: "I used to do the maths and think "cool armageddon must be here soon if all we have to do is wait for these old guys to died out." I asked my mother to explain this new light to me"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit