Who left or got stumbled over the 1995 generation thing?

by Julia Orwell 134 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Think About It:

I should also have left in 1995 when I saw that changed teaching on generation instead of wasting my time for another five years! That changed teaching sealed their doom as far as I was concerned.

If you think there were peculiar, dysfunctional people in the religion back then, just go there now! So many marginal people have been added in recent years that you would be walking a gauntlet of deadbeats of every sort.

Batshit doesn't even describe it. I would run from these people.

• trujw
    trujw

Ok is it just me or was the king of the north a big deal or not. Suddenly after the Soviet Union fell new light came out. Why we the gb don't know who the king of the north is. I was like wtf why are we changing it now. Even a co wife said it was strange. I was like who the fuck is the king of the north. Well 20 years later no answer.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Ok is it just me or was the king of the north a big deal or not.Suddenly after the Soviet Union fell new light came out.

This is a predictable, and all-too-frequent reaction of WT when yet another of their "god inspired" end-times prophecies fails: they either ignore it and say nothing, or they suddenly get "new light" on the subject and redefine it to appear as if they were right all along.

It's seems the preferable option for WT rather than to simply quit speculating and actually show some humility and apologize when they get caught with their pants down.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I remember someone speculating North Korea would become king de la North. Like an impoverished nation of starving ppl could...

Interestingly, if u read Daniel 7 its talk bout kings of north n south indicates nothing about great gaps in history until something happens to fit the wt idea of the prophecy and how it helps them beat their Armageddon drum. The truth is, most JWs only come into contact with history thru the wt. It's when u study it otherwise you find out it doesn't work like that! I doubted the Anglo American interpretation for years...funny how when u leave u look back and see that you'd been subconsciously doubting for years.

• mP
    mP

@Julie

its amazing how theres no kings of the north or south for nearly 1500 years after Rome fell in 500.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I always thought it was viewed more as an ideology rather than a particular country and so therefore it could change.

• mP
    mP

@Ucant

Nearly all the kings except for Russia were absolute monarchies. At one stage England was as well until King Charles got his head cut off.

I cant pick 1 let alone 14 different ideologies.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

well mP i could be wrong

• Terry
    Terry

The "generation" teaching was connected directly to Judge Rutherford's sermon MILLIONs NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE.

That slogan was linked to the prediction of 1925. 1925 arrived and nothing whatsoever happened!

The spokesman for Jehovah who had spoken so confidently is quoted as saying :"I made an ass of myself." He was self-centered

enough to think it was ALL ABOUT HIS OWN embarassment.

There was little concern for the dupes who believed he had direct inside informtaion on Jehovah's plans and schedule!

There was no mention of the way the name "Jehovah" was now dragged through the mud of crackpot end-of-the-world ravings of a cult leader.

WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT LESSON to be learned from honest leaders when they "make an ass" of themselves?

Is it to continue doing the same thing that led to the embarassment?

WATCH THE WORDING IN THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE when it refers to the above sermon title!!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I did! Friends walked arround here with the article (they got it early by fax instead of the actual magazine) and even the CO, I knew very good, told us "Oh oh, they are changing 1914)... So a good friend of my told me everything in detail, I got Coc and ISoCF to read and TTATT was between my ears. And then the struglle begun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit