Are you a dabbler in Witchcraft?

by StopTheTears 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

If witchcraft is wrong, what about Shamanism?

Please can I still be a Shaman? Actually, I'll just go ahead anyway. I like shamanism.

If going back to nature is wrong, what about growing organic vegetables? Should we be warned about that?

Saving the whale? Saving the planet? Is that all worshipping creation? Satan?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So again, I guess I'm confused about what is evil about Witchcraft. I don't see Satan mentioned here. The following is an excerpt from Patricia Weston's website ( http://www.patriciawestonpsychicwitch.com/wicca.html ) :

"Wicca

Wicca, also known as White Witchcraft, is a faith based around nature spirituality. It is a harmonious, peaceful, nature-loving and beautiful way of life.

Witchcraft has its deep roots in Ancient Pagan Ireland and those of us who follow this path are very in tune with the powerful forces of nature, with a knowledge of herbs and oils and their magical and healing properties.

Being Wiccan simply means following a spiritual path, empowering yourself, harming no-one and taking responsibility for your own growth. As a White Witch I follow the path of the Wiccan Way, and honour the Earth, the Sun and the Moon as One.

I practice magic and honour and work within the cycles of nature, the phases of the Moon - the Esbats and the seasons or Sabbats and honour the Elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water which combined with Spirit make up All That Exists.

I adhere to the Wiccan Rede, which cites ‘And It Harm None, Do What Thou Will.’ I practice my Craft by performing spells and rituals to heal in harmony with nature.

I believe in the Law of Threefold Return, that cites, what you send out to the universe, good or bad, will be returned to you three times.

I run monthly Wicca Meetings on the first or last Tuesday of the month, around the time of the FULL MOON in Skerries and regulaly run Wicca Workshops throughout the Uk and Ireland where you can learn The Wiccan Way.

As a White Witch I practice magic and cast spells. Spells are cast only for the Highest Good of All and I do not cast spells that would harm nature or anyone in any way. As a Witch I work in harmony with nature.

Blessed Be )O( "

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What's evil about witchcraft is that they don't worship the bronze-age war-god of the ancient Hebrew texts. It is nothing more than that.

Oh, and the dabbling.

• Heaven
    Heaven

What's evil about witchcraft is that they don't worship the bronze-age war-god of the ancient Hebrew texts. It is nothing more than that.

Oh, and the dabbling.

Thanks Mad Sweeney. I was kinda hoping the OP could articulate but I guess not.

But it's more that just Witches/Witchcraft that are evil then based on this definition. Makes you wonder why the OP is just pickin' on the Witches. Why weren't the Hindus mentioned, for example? They're polytheistic as well. Don't know if the Hindus 'dabble' though.

• *lost*
    *lost*

When yo think about it .... all the herbalists adn women who knew medicine and were theoretically nurses, midwives, were wiped out by the church, for being witches. So that's another thing the church fathers are guilty of..... now mega-pharmacuetical companies get rich and fill us with chemicals.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hinduism has shamanic roots. Its basically, the last of the pagan religions. There are areas, in india, where animals and plants have been protected for hundreds of yrs. People have literally sacrificed their lives to protect the plants and animals.

From your description, heaven, i'm on the same path, only i don't do the formal stuff, like dates, meetings, oh and no dabbling. I don't dabble. I use it, whenever.

S

• Heaven
    Heaven

all the herbalists adn women who knew medicine and were theoretically nurses, midwives, were wiped out by the church, for being witches.

Witch meant 'wise woman'. These women held power in their communities because they were healers and counselors. People went to them for help and advice. Some were single and owned property. The male authorities including church authorities did not like this. They tried to systematically wipe them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRir6a3VHk

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Coming from someone who symbolically eats the flesh and drinks the blood of their savior? This is rich!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Rough translation "are you a dabbler in dark farts? "

• Heaven
    Heaven

What I find interesting is that part of the Wiccan rede is to "Harm None". The other thing I find interesting is how other religions/faiths don't seem to have this creed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit