Update on AlanF's Daughter

by AlanF 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Now that Dad has recovered his equilibrium, I just wanted to say a huge THANKS to everyone who expressed concern about my daughter the last couple of weeks. In the great scheme of things this is a minor matter but it sure affected me! I guess my family has been pretty lucky compared to others.

Anyway, Julie (that's the daughter one, not the wifely one) recovered so fast that she returned to school this past Monday. She was pretty tired by the end of the day, but was going stir crazy the previous few days and you can't keep a teenager down. She's just about back to normal now except for having to favor the broken ribs.

I took her to the doctor on Thursday and it seems the broken ribs and compressed vertebrae are healing perfectly. Julie has to wear a heavy, stretchy cloth around her waist, called a binder, until the bones are mended enough not to be painful. At the rate she's going that should be within 3-4 weeks. I'm just amazed how quickly a young, healthy body can heal.

For those with kids, who have seen them badly injured, this is old hat. For those who've been lucky enough for the kids never to have been hurt, be prepared for a shock if they are. It makes you crazy.

Again, thanks to everyone who expressed concern!

AlanF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's great to hear Alan.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

yay alan, wonderful to hear she's on the mend!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Alan for the update. I am very glad that she is recovering so quickly. I can relate, since two of my four have been through serious medical issues. Even when they are adults on their own, anything that goes wrong still makes a parent crazy. Its the price of parenthood. ... hope that all continues well for you and her.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thanks for the update, Alan. I'm very pleased she is doing well, and on the road to full recovery. Of course it took 10 years off your life!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Alan and family,

Scary! Dont want to think of kids in hospitals anymore. Glad to hear your almost through this.

Thanks for the update.

Jst2laws

• Angharad
    Angharad

Glad to hear that she is healing well Alan

• Scully
    Scully

So glad to hear everything is going so well, Alan.

Love, Scully

• TheStar
    TheStar

Alan,

I guess I'm so new, I missed out on this. I didn't know about your daughter but I am sure glad to hear she is ok.

I had no idea what you were going through and to think you responded to my emails anyway while you were going through this. Thank you so much for your help, you can't imagine how much it means.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Continued best wishes for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear she's doing so well.

Kids...the main cause of gray hair on parents.

Michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit