The Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA) [WARNING]

by Simon 226 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Marvin,

It's here, come and seek lifes water free.

zed

• ballistic
    ballistic

Nikolas, I think you are the one trying to deviate from what you said.

The context of this thread is about the AAWA security breach on facebook.

You begin : "Those on Facebook who value their privacy are contradictions onto themselves."

Your insinuation, or at least the way it sounds, is that you are blaming the individual members for using facebook, rather

than it being the fault of the AAWA. It is entirely the fault of the AAWA.

I am not putting any words in your mouth. Think about context.

My point about not wanting to reveal your JW identity on facebook is relevant to the issues with the AAWA, extending this to a broader argument

to say you can't have seperate online personalities I think is not relevent to the issue at hand.

• sherry11
    sherry11

In regard to people being outed on social networks in regard to the WTS.

Its unfortunate so many need to guard their identity in regard to their opinons and experiences with the organisation of the WTS.

Ok there are family ties etc.... but living a double life will ultimately lead to more guilt more lies. Those here from the impression i get are releasing themselves from the brain washing and control of an organisation. One that is tainted (ask ourself are we still under their control?)

Ask yourselves if you know' the truth is not the truth'? or if are you are unsure if the truth is the truth, do you like parts of what the society preaches or if your just going along with it to stay in the safe cosy no risk place you are.

This AAWA isnt religious its about justice for victims . Its a voice against a legally protected cult

As an observer here from some the comments the' kufuffle' its created ........welll i cant help ....... feel this cult still has a control over a lot of you.

If you want to continue to believe in a supreme being or if your undecided or if your adament that religion is a 'rort and racket' exercise fair and open mindedness ( that jewell we have been given) This is just such a wonderfull thing that has been denied to us for each of us ....too long

AAWA is not the enemy

A revolution is not a bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle between the future and the past."

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sherry you clearly have no idea why faders fade at all, it is NOT about cowardice and fear or anything to do with mind control of the fader, it is about them having familly still trapped in the cult and still wanting to have a fairly normal relationship with them as well as the opportunity to help familly still in slowly come to see the "truth" for what it really is. Something that getting disfellowshipped or disassociating themselves would not allow.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you were a born in or had raised your children in the cult, you might better understand why some of us need to remain undercover.

If you don't like the criticism WAAA is getting for their inaction, use your influence to get them to sort it out.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I don't believe it's anyone's place to tell someone how they should leave the JW's in the first place. Whether you're an elder or an anti-Watchtower activist. Everyone has the right to choose if they leave and how.... period.

• sherry11
    sherry11

Witness My Fury

'Sherry you clearly have no idea why faders fade at all, it is NOT about cowardice and fear or anything to do with mind control of the fader, it is about them having familly still trapped in the cult and still wanting to have a fairly normal relationship with them as well as the opportunity to help familly still in slowly come to see the "truth" for what it really is'

In my comment I did not imply cowardness.

I do have an idea of what its like to not have contact with family and friends in the organisation. My mother will never get the joy of having a relationship with her grandchildren. By my taking a stand i hope it helps make her think is the sacrifice she is making worth it.A religion coming between her and most of her family. This is her choice not mine.

And Brinjen i agree with you.

And i agree with Nikolas putting yourself out there on social media you are always at risk of losing your anonmynity

• Simon
    Simon

FYI: The AAWA has now changed from the "Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists" to "Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses" and they claim to have addressed the facebook group membership issue:

http://aawa.co/blog/a-new-name-and-an-apology/

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Much better name.

At long last.

Eden

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Better name and better attitude, lessons may well have been learned and it can now get on with actually "doing" stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit