i think i found a church

by unstopableravens 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i really enjoyed church today, i have been visting serevel in the last few weeks, all the ones i have been to have been okay, but no more, but today i felt comfortable with everything i seen. it seemed very doctrinally sound, christ centered and the big bonus i did not hear a word about money! they did not pass a plate(i dont know if they do but today there was none). the sermon was good ,i like hearing about the bible without hearing"jehovah organization" every 5 mins.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

May I ask...what's wrong with passing a plate?

• kassad84
    kassad84

what church? :)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

nothing is in itself wrong, but i have been to some churches where they pass and it seems alot of focus on money, so to me its apersonal preferance, ... and kassad, its a non denominational reformed church(calvinist lol).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If I look outside from my balcony I can see three churches within 1/2 mile.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good for you.

S

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: i knew you would say something funnylol

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If I expand it to a mile, there are at LEAST 7 churches. There are at LEAST 157 churches in the town in live in, ~50 sq miles. There are over 3 churches per square mile.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Churches have one hell of a racket going.

Sell a product that you have never can prove that you can deliver (everlasting life)

Work one day a week, maybe two at the most.

Collect money tax free.

Look like the good guy to the majority of people.

A con artist could only dream of coming up with a scam that good.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lost saldy in alot of places you have some points, hence my comment, however everlasting life in not something a church can offer, its not theres to offer, only jesus can give life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit