Appeal to NBC Dateline

by Amazing 52 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

My e-mail has been sent... short and sweet, but an e-mail bugging them none-the-less.

Kisses,
    Moe

• Francois
    Francois

Amazing, your letter is indeed terrific, and it leaves no leaf unturned. Please allow me to point out that it is likely to be read all the way through if it was much shorter, short enough to fit on one typed page. These people you're addressing in your letter are presumably very busy, very busy indeed. Thus the shorter your plea, the better.

I will send something like your letter, but I'm going to whittle it down some before I do. I hope you won't be offended by this observation.

Francois

• JT
    JT

my email has been sent as well Amazing

my only concern was with the "Tone" of some who are clearly not aware of the process of getting something on "TV" and as a result they have gone into the Jews Mindset

where is the Promised land, etc

mindset

some refering to it as "Prophesying"

i mean stuff right out of jw 101 class

how sad, esp in view of the fact that a number of folks have put in alot of time and personal expense to at least present NBC with the info, now what NBC does with that info only time will tell

just my view

james

• Room 215
    Room 215

Amazing:

Nice job. You're right about the timeliness, also from the perspective of the network, since by airing it they can rightly claim even-handedness in not focusing just of the Catholics' problems.

Farkei:

Right again about clueless JWs clucking and exulting over the church's current mess, except that it's alrady underway. A timely airing would certainly bring them up short.

Yadirf: Jws ``deserve'' credit for tirelelssly knocking on doors, if that's the right word for it. Any comparion to their desultory shuffling about, dawdling all the while they clock-watch before they head off to the local Dunkin' Donuts, and the ministry of Jesus and his discples is LUDICROUS!

To begin with, there's that pesky little detail about the accuracy of their message. Then, as presently constituted, the field service program is little more than a feel-good excersize for the local dubs. It's a palliative that assuages their carefully cultivated guilt or is regarded as an installment payment on their idyllic New World homestead.

Ask yourself: If the WTS REALLY believes that (1) they alone possess the most vital single bit of information mankind has ever heard or will ever hear and (2) billions of precious lives, including infants, are in imminent peril of death, why don't the scream that message from every available channel, using every device of modern techonolgy at their disposal? Ever hear of Television? Radio?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's a copy of the email I sent.

Dear Dateline Staff,

It's my understanding that you've completed filming a segement on Pedophilia and it's cover up by soem Jehovah's Witnesses. Thank you so much for putting together this important peice of news. At this time of crisis in our nation, with the coverups by the Catholic Heirarcy in some areas, I feel it's important for people to realize that this kind of thing can happen in any church, not just a Catholic Church. I strongly urge you to air the segment on the Jehovah's Witnesses as quickly as you can while it's still relevant to the revelations about the Catholic Church.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Friday,

You said,

Nice of you to acknowledge that Jehovah's Witnesses are distinguished by their house to house work. I like that, "as no other religious group". That means that all the other so-called "Christian" churches are found sitting on their butts when it comes to obeying the very thing that Jesus instructed his disciples to do, namely, "Go make disciples". -- Matthew 28:19, 20.
    Oh, and nice of you to avoid the important topic of the Society being as wrong as every other church in "Christendom" on the Pedophilia issue. You never seem to want to talk facts.

UTTER BULLSHIT, sure, The JW's are known for BOTHERING people by going door to door, but so are the Mormons. As for obeying Matthew 28, the Catholic Church has more converts every year than do the JW's BY FAR. We're in places the Witnesses are afraid to go.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• freeman
    freeman

Amazing, excellent letter!

A little prodding could be all it takes. Please disregard any comments from Yadirf / Friday / YOU DON’T KNOW; his precious Dark Tower is about to take a nasty body blow and he knows it. I would sure hate to be out in field service after this thing hits, it won’t be pretty, not at all! And speaking of field service, Mr. You Don’t Know Jack, early Christians DID NOT go door to door as your altered Dark Tower bible has been rewritten to say.

Early Christians preached in public places, synagogues, etc. When they went to people’s homes, they were INVITED, and the homes were the homes of BELIEVERS. Do a little research on the early church and the customs of the day; you would be amazed at just how much you don’t know. Sorry Amazing, didn’t mean to hijack the thread, but I could not let that comment by his majesty slide without a reply.

Freeman

• alamb
    alamb

I agree that the waiting for the Dateline airing has been slow and painful. I was contacted by them due to abuse of myself and dangers to my daughters and I, as much as anyone, will love a little vindication.

I have to agree with Farkel though on a few points. They do know more than we do about current issues and how release of information in the media is to be handled. Yes, I have spoken to Mr. Greenburg.

If the episode had aired any earlier, though, the Catholic scandal would have over shadowed the issue of the JW problem and it would have been forgotten. The R&F would have then claimed that Christendom's problems were much worse than their own and may have even taken credit for it being exposed. The way things are going, it is setting them up. They have had ample opportunity to set the record straight and come forward on their own accord. They know the episode is ready to go. They see the Catholic church dealing with the legal ramifications of their actions. They know the numbers and the score.

Have they shown any humanity or Christian qualities they claim set them apart from Christendom? No. This will show them for what they are. Every day they don't come clean and step up to the plate, the hole they dig gets deeper and will be harder for the average JW to explain. Maybe more good will come of this than we are seeing.

• JT
    JT

The way things are going, it is setting them up. They have had ample opportunity to set the record straight and come forward on their own accord. They know the episode is ready to go. They see the Catholic church dealing with the legal ramifications of their actions. They know the numbers and the score.

########

my thoughts as well

each day the catholic church is releasing 100's of names of folks that they know are molesters and so the question will be WHAT WILL THE WT DO

will they come clean like the catholic church , while i don't think the church is doing this ONLY out of the goodness of thier hearts at least they are acknowledging that we Screwed up big time

so will the mouth pc of god - the ONLY SPIRIT DIRECT ORG on the face of the earth do anything less that the Biggest "Whore" the catholic church as the wt often refers to it - yes over and over the wt has stated that the Church is the MAIN one out of all christian faiths that fornicate, yes give up the "Coochie"

so now what will wt say:

We only report where the law requires or will they go beyond the requirements of the Law of the land and as Spike Lee says:

DO THE RIGHT THING

JAMES

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Amazing:

Just saw this thread now and I'm so glad you're doing this. I've been forming a letter in my head for several days now....and now I'm moved to get it done. I agree...the more that send in their well-thought out and to the point, non-abusive non-accusing, non-hysterical letters, the better.

I too realize this has gone on in other religions for many years even centuries, and that this will be not be a "devasting blow to the WTS", but I still feel that JWs need to know about this...they deserve to know.

Most of all though, the victims need this exposed. They need the truth to be known, to feel believed and their pain acknowledged. They need to know that their abuser will be stopped.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit