Appeal to NBC Dateline

by Amazing 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I sent an email early in March, and got back an automated email, that said they are too busy to reply to each email. Good luck. I wonder if it does any good.

I sure would like to see it air now, since the dubs in my area are feeling so righteous, because "the problem in the Catholic Church is so serious, and a sign that Babylon is about to fall, and we can be so happy that this isn't happening in Jehovah's organization".

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• jamaica
    jamaica

GREAT LETTER!............Wonder if others like Montel, or Winfrey would do anything?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I sent an email and have prepared a hard copy letter to post.

I'm not worried about getting a personal reply - I understand how 100 emails can eat up a day. I just hope they're not routing all the email to dev/null. I'm sure they're not.

I expect thatthe hardcopy letter will be subject to whatever Ronco-matic deep-fat-fryer they're using to sterilize incoming mail, so they may not see it for a while.

My hope is that this campaign just happens to coincide with NBCs decision to finally air the piece. I'm sure even Bill is getting a bit weary of "any day now" - haven't we heard that before?

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Francios:

"Amazing, your letter is indeed terrific, and it leaves no leaf unturned. Please allow me to point out that it is likely to be read all the way through if it was much shorter, short enough to fit on one typed page. These people you're addressing in your letter are presumably very busy, very busy indeed. Thus the shorter your plea, the better. ... I will send something like your letter, but I'm going to whittle it down some before I do. I hope you won't be offended by this observation."

I am not offended. When I place my letter on a standard size sheet it is just one page. I wrote out a long letter with all my thoughts. That way, others, like yourself, who can be more precise, will be able to borrow whatever you want, add in anything I missed, and send shoirter, more effective letters. Thanks.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Please check out Discussion forum Catholic Church in Crisis at the http://www.beliefnet.org website, this is a multi-faith forum and will reach others of many different religious backgrounds.

They have a discussion on Other Faiths Affected? http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?boardID=38098&discussionID=135704

This would be a great way to get the word out!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Yardif:

You said:

Nice of you to acknowledge that Jehovah's Witnesses are distinguished by their house to house work. I like that, "as no other religious group". That means that all the other so-called "Christian" churches are found sitting on their butts when it comes to obeying the very thing that Jesus instructed his disciples to do, namely, "Go make disciples". -- Matthew 28:19, 20.

But Yardif, please consider this:

Christ clearly instructed his disciples to go and make disciples. However, no where did he instruct his disciples to march around blocks selling WT literature with the sole purpose of recruiting others to become JWs so that they can then march around blocks and sell WT literature. There is absolutely no correlation between Christ's instructions and how JWs interpret those instructions.

My email has been sent!

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Join ABCNEWS Correspondent Bill Blakemore for a live discussion on secrecy and cover-ups in the Catholic Church, Thursday, April 4 at 1 p.m.
    http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/discussion_list.asp?boardID=38164

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Duchie

But Yardif, please consider this:

Christ clearly instructed his disciples to go and make disciples. However, no where did he instruct his disciples to march around blocks selling WT literature with the sole purpose of recruiting others to become JWs so that they can then march around blocks and sell WT literature. There is absolutely no correlation between Christ's instructions and how JWs interpret those instructions.

You're being ridiculous. Do you know any law against going about it the way JWs do ... from door to door? You've been reading too much of Ray Franz' literature.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

If you want to call me naive or ignorant, do so.

While I can recommend Amazing's letter and his idea of sending similar letters to Dateline, I'm also glad JT gave us some balance.

Last night as I watched Peter Jennig's program regarding the Scandal of the Catholic Church, he mentioned that they have been investigating this issue for a year... in other words, they were already planning to air this issue. They air it now when it best suits their pockets. Peter Jennig's program did not have anyone to give the balance of opinions from holy Bishops and priests who are innocent and how this is affecting their ministry. He did not have anyone there from excellent Seminaries like St Michael's Seminary in Orange County to give their oppinion about their formation of Priests, so they could have a fair balance to the issue. It's about money, let's wake up!

Hopefully, the same won't happen with the JW elders on the Dateline program; to the ones who are trying to change their WT policies to protect the children. I expect to be dessapointed when they air the Dateline program; they'll go as far as money, not about the issue itself. But I will be content nevertheless.

The same will happen regarding timing and facts. They want the money, not to inform the public. In my opinion, I wish they air the program after they are through with the Catholic Church... like JT said, the question is: what will the WT will do about it? The world will be expecting nothing less than what the Catholic Church is doing even if it is a little to late for them to show concern for the victims....

Another thing we need to take into consideration is the fact of the HUGE difference between WT and the Catholic Church regarding the double abuse the WT practice with the victims by threading to def. them if they talk. The victims going through to their shunning of their friends and family. Also the two witness they need to produce in order to make a valid fact about their ordeal..... I feel sorry for all of them Catholic victims and WT victims and so forth.

With love and respect to all you who have posted here,

Yadira

PS, Amazing, I will certainly send your letter, hopping the best time in our favor to be air it.
    PS, PS: when are we going to stop feeding Yardif's brainless???

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks everyone for sending in email and letters. if we keep up the momentum, this will help in getting Dateline to see the importance of the timing.

I have no illusions about this program bringing down the JW religion. That is not the objective. But to bring in a sense of responsibility and force the JWs to change their behavior toward victims and pedophiles.

However, this leads me to another post I will make shortly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit