July 15th Study Edition Is Up..

by confusedteenager 108 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

In view of the WTS saying that the 'FDS' aka the governing body, is today's ONLY channel of spiritual provider to the church, like in the first century the apostles were, then surely the 'FDS' should teach the same way the apostles did. Yet, I've NEVER read in the bible that Paul said:

"For a long time I thought that the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 A fter that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. But, UPON further examination of the resurrection , however, I perceived that a part of this is not totally as I thought it's going to be.....let me explain....."

• heathen
    heathen

Their explanation for that heyfea is that the first resurrection is for the saints , it's not talking about a rapture ,that people can meet the lord in the air while standing on terra firma . of course they may have changed that one too . The apostle Paul is clearly talking about humans being alive and we know the only ones that survive the GT and the day of GODS rath are the GC .

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Aha, thanks sd-7, full control. That is what I've been thinking since last October. Rutherford had full control of what went in the publications. He had full control when in 1919 Jesus supposedly appointed the FDS.

This is a particularly critical point to bear in mind. By saying the slave was appointed in 1919, they're very firmly saying that Rutherford was directly picked by Jesus Christ as his channel. That tells me an awful lot. An awful lot.

I actually went back and read the Proclaimers book's recounting of these events, and it seems they actually explain it to that level of detail. It's just they present it in such a manner as to say that those board members who disagreed with Rutherford were by default "questioning the organization", which means quite clearly that Rutherford alone was the organization at that time, and that the 'slave' was not composite then, but rather, one individual.

In fact, this is even supported by something the July 15th WT says. Let me see if I can find it...p. 22, par. 10: "In recent decades, that slave has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses." Note that they said "recent decades". You wouldn't say something like that unless the decades were, you know, RECENT. So it's an admission that the President of the WTS had most of the power until....yeah, probably the '70s, as Ray Franz related in CoC. That same paragraph on p. 22 adds that the slave is "composite", that the decisions are made collectively. But clearly that was not always the case if the slave was only identified with a Governing Body "in recent decades".

So that's actually a little extra gem they've thrown in. I mean, it's probably not news to people who have been around for awhile and can remember how much focus was given to the President of the Society in the past. But it's interesting to see it mentioned here.

--sd-7

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Unbelieveable!!!!

I mean, who's to say this won't change again 5 years from now???

Take the last paragraph in the first study article.

THREE things that were considered "present truth" are now "old truths"

19 In review, what have we learned? In
    the beginning of this article, we raised

three “when” questions. We first considered
    that the great tribulation did not begin
    in 1914
    (PRESENT TRUTH #1 now "old truth")

but will start when the United
    Nations attacks Babylon the Great.
    (NEW PRESENT TRUTH)

Then, we reviewed why Jesus’ judgment
    of the sheep and the goats did not begin
    in 1914
    (PRESENT TRUTH #2 now "old truth")

but will occur during the great
    tribulation.
    (NEW PRESENT TRUTH)

Finally, we examined why Jesus’
    arrival to appoint the faithful slave
    over all his belongings did not occur in
    (PRESENT TRUTH #3 now "old truth")

but will take place during the great
    tribulation.(NEW PRESENT TRUTH)

So, then, all three “whens”
    apply to the same future time period
    —the great tribulation. How does this
    adjusted view further affect our understanding
    of the illustration of the faithful
    slave?
    Also, how does it affect our
    understanding of other parables, or illustrations,
    of Jesus that are being fulfilled
    during this time of the end? These important
    questions will be considered in
    the following articles.

• Gayle
    Gayle

What is the GB doing about the "2,520 years," we studied uncountable hours, pointing to 1914 from 607. as their 'additional' proof of the "end?" Seems they are not touching that one for now. They made scripture and their history into scramble eggs. How does one unscramble eggs. (Not a question)

• sir82
    sir82

THREE things that were considered "present truth" are now "old truths"

Actually the first 2 in your list were discarded long ago.

Item 1 (great tribulation began in 1914) was discarded in the 1960's.

Item 2 (judgment of sheep & goats began in 1914) was discarded in 1995.

Item 3 is the real new light.

But your point is still valid, and one that most JWs prefer not to think about - who's to say what long-standing belief will be the next one to change?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" So, they know to take the "evil slave" out of any discussions. Cautiously they realize they're at risk of being painted with the "evil slave" image. "

Good catch!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

So.... omg, my brain is frying here trying to figure this nonsense out.

So... RUTHERFORD (as WTBTS president in 1919) was the FDS=governing body? *HE* was the first one?? He was the one who, after being examined by Jesus, was then approved?? He was the only person on the whole earth who merited the esteemed title of FDS?

And even though there was no functioning "governing body" till the 1970's, somehow there was still a GB in 1919...??!!??? (A GB/FDS of *one*...?)

The WTBTS has taken this parable (to me, meaning only about faithful christians anywhere on the earth, at any time period) and made it into a prophecy full of their loaded terminology and convolutions and weird self-elevation of individuals as a class above other individuals....

But, come on..... **Rutherford**??!!??

My mind is boggling.

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

YOU GUYS! I found a joke in the article!

On paragraph 16 on page 18 of the third article, the second sentence states (about C.T. Russell and the first bible students): "These loyal men and women exposed false doctrines and spread spitirual truths."

Yeah, truths that the WT has changed over and over again. That's hilarious. I can't believe how millions of JWs will never spot things like this even after the WT regurgitates this stuff repeatedly.

• Pterist
    Pterist

SD-7 ****Also, there's a new picture of the new and improved 8-Man Channel of Commmunication, The Faithful and Discreet Slave, The Masters of Our Faith and Future Rulers of Earth, THE GOVERNING BODY!!*****

But are they not the "Mother" ...we need the mother also, as they said. Hats off to them, what took the RCC centuries to achieve they did in less than 100 years.

Anyways, the 8-Man Channel of Commmunication, Lets call them OCTOMOM

Shalom friend ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit