July 15th Study Edition Is Up..

by confusedteenager 108 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

So what's up with the photo showing a silhouette of the New York skyline in flames on page 5? That's probably not the best choice of picture, guys...

Page 4: "We also discerned that the first part of the great tribulation did not begin in 1914. Why not? Because Bible prophecy reveals that the great tribulation will start, not with a war among nations, but with an attack on false religion."

Okay, so then how did Bible prophecy reveal something totally opposite of that to you before? Why not the true meaning? Because Bible prophecy reveals whatever the Watchtower says it reveals.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Page 6: "Since Jesus was not yet active as Judge of all nations in 1914, his judgment of people as sheep or goats could not have started in that year."

So...explain to me why I needed The Watchtower to inform me of this truly stunning revelation? Everybody in Christendom "(which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians)" probably already knew this and didn't have to revisit it at all. You know, like the identity of the 'higher powers' in Romans 13.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Page 7: "Does a further consideration of Jesus' prophecy reveal that our understanding of the timing of other significant events needs to be adjusted?"

Translation: "Did we figure out some more stuff we were wrong about? Yup. Let's see what it is! By the way, did that last set of paragraphs totally f***ing confuse you? Good. Here's some more for you to not remember by the time this lesson is over."

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Paragraph 16 on page 7, while referring to all the other parables in Matt. 25 as "parables", carefully avoids using the same term when discussing the 'faithful and discreet slave'. Cle-ver!

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wait a minute! Page 8, paragraph 19: "How does this adjusted view further affect our understanding of the illustration of the faithful slave? Also, how does it affect our understanding of other parables, or illustrations, of Jesus that are being fulfilled during this time of the end?"

So they admit that the 'faithful slave' is an "illustration"! But somehow it has still become a literal prophecy referring to them. Cognitive dissonance, indeed.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Sorry, I'm totally monopolizing this thread, aren't I?

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

That was the first article. Say what you will, but at least it was explained, in the WT sense, in a coherent, orderly manner, of a sort. Most people will be knocked the f*** out during this article and the old pioneers or know-it-alls will carry the commenting. But this is like some seriously interesting stuff. It's some pretty strong admissions of a number of wrong teachings all in one article. This is like the Fix-It Felix of Watchtower articles, man. Impressive.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I'll stop now. I've got other stuff to do. Just wanted to share my thoughts...

--sd-7

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

LOL! Thank you very much for your commentary, you honestly could have kept going.

How do they "discern" what bible prophecy reveals? I would like them to give us a specific process that they go about coming up with this new "understandings". They just make that statement without any basis or information that really backs up what they are trying to pass as facts.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes SD-7 the word " Thought " certainly stands out in that study edition

Question to Apologist: What make the WTS stand out as different than the False prophet Hananiah

Both taught people to believe in a falsehood

Hananiah also " Thought " wrong , so why in the world do Jehovah's witnesses

who continue to follow the false teaching of the WTS think they will be spared

Whats another word for wrong ? FALSE !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit