July 15th Study Edition Is Up..

by confusedteenager 108 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

First article:

p. 8 par 17: "We understood that the “arriving” mentioned in verse 46 was linked to the time when Jesus came to inspect the spiritual condition of the anointed in 1918 and that the appointment of the slave over all the Master’s belongings occurred in 1919. (Mal. 3:1) However, a further considerationof Jesus’ prophecy indicates that an adjustment in our understanding of the timing of certain aspects of Jesus’ prophecy is needed.Why so?"

p. 8 par 19: "So it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings, mentioned at Matthew 24:46, 47, also applies to his future coming, during the great tribulation.[6] Indeed, a consideration of Jesus’ prophecy in its entirety makes it clear that each of these eight references to his coming applies to the future time of judgment during the great tribulation."

Now, it seems these writer aren't talking to each other. Next article:

p. 11 par 6: "To settle that question, Jesus began to inspect the spiritual temple in 1914. That inspection and cleansing work involved a period of time—from 1914 to the early part of 1919.[3]"

The Endnotes says: "Paragraph 6: [3] This is an adjustment in understanding. Previously, we thought that Jesus’ inspection took place in 1918."

Huh? Just a few pages back, they said it was future. My goodness. This is going to spin some heads.

Of course, JWs will say, 'oh, the appointment is future, but the inspection is past'. Oh boy.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

Sorry for my ignorant "Worldly" opinion here, but as I just read this *eloquent* description (please note sarcasm) of the "New Light", I believe I may have thrown up a little in my mouth.

I can smell the Cog/Dis fires burning strong....

Ugh!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What a mess...

10 pages of unadulterated speculation about what Jesus did/didn't do in 1914 - 1919 (and how the hell would they know WTF is happening in heaven during that time, did they have a video camera running?) I guess when everything up there happening is invisible, you can change/revise/lie about it as many times as you want and nobody will know different

Then another 10 pages speculating on what Jesus will do in the future, oh but only with the help of his "faithful slave". Yeah, because you guys have been so good at predicting the future so far...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Governing Body is lost in a dream world of explaining to others their delusion and adding some fine adjustments to secure their authority so that everyone will Listen and Obey them. They will gloss over inconsistancies in their delusion so as not to conjure up too much cognitive dissonance. They are taking a simple parable and arbritrarily making it a prophecy absent of any scholarship in its interpetation, and basically the ramblings of a group collectively suffering from Narcisitic Personality Disorder. I guess this is what happens when you have an authoritarian Shoemaker on the Governing Body.

• a watcher
    a watcher

confusedteenager, the second round of judging at the end of Christ's millenial reign is to destroy the bunch of people that are going to follow Satan when he is released from the abyss. (Rev 20:7-9)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

one thing to Note in Acts the 1st chapter the angels said to the apostles that Jesus would come cack the same way he left, not this invisable presence idea that they the WT. said happened in 1914.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If Freddy only knew what they were doing to his religion. Sheesh.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Page 21 Pgph 4: The context of the illustration shows..... and

Let us see how the Scriptures lead us to this conclusion

They have had "context and scriptures" for 135 years... If those two things

have not helped them in this amount of time, why should we think they

have it right now?

If your accountant couldn't straighten your bank account out in 135 years,

would you still trust him?

• sd-7
    sd-7
    LOL! Thank you very much for your commentary, you honestly could have kept going.

[Puts on Roger Moore smirk] "I intend to, Kamal Khan."

I just had other matters to deal with, and had to finish watching 'Star Trek' (2009) since I'm in my sequels preparation mode, and it's also like, nearly midnight now, but I do want to look into this one further. Let's see here:

Page 9: "During harvest season, the weeds are destroyed and the wheat is gathered. Jesus himself explained the illustration."

Hmm. Then why aren't we just reading the Bible verses? Why is there an entire Watchtower article explaining it further, if Jesus himself already explained it?

Page 10: "By the fourth century, weedlike Christians had greatly outnumbered anointed Christians."

So how does one go about proving that? Because the Catholic Church was born then, maybe? Or because the doctrine by then is different from JW doctrine? Boy, this'll make for some awkward conversations when you guys get to heaven and meet some Christians who were around in the fourth century....

Page 10, par. 4: "This command reveals that from the first century until today, there have always been some anointed wheatlike Christians on earth."

Sort of like an unbroken chain of a faithful slave class, just without the faithful slave part, I guess. Also, if we take 144,000 and divide by roughly 2,000, what's that? 72 new anointed Christians per year on average. But wait, we'd have to subtract at least 5,000 or way, WAY more than 5,000 from the first century part and then there's the previous generation of anointed which was like, wow, that math really becomes, uh, troublesome. Continuing on, still on page 4:

"However, some decades before the start of the harvest season, the wheat class became discernible."

Kind of circular reasoning: since our religion started around that time, it was obvious that we were totally the wheat class showing up. Wait, it doesn't say that yet...page 11:

"What is the larger fulfillment of Malachi's prophecy?"

Whoa, wait, guys. How do you know there was a larger fulfillment to Malachi's prophecy? How do you prove that? Are you just taking Malachi's prophecy and claiming it has a larger fulfillment? Naw, that'd be wrong.

"During the decades leading up to 1914, C.T. Russell and his close associates did a work like that of John the Baptizer. That vital work involved restoring Bible truths. The Bible Students taught the true meaning of Christ's ransom sacrifice, exposed the hellfire lie, and proclaimed the coming end of the Gentile Times."

So wait, didn't he learn all that from Adventists, who were teaching all that stuff back when he was still selling hats for a living? How can it be argued that C.T. Russell and his associates restored Bible truths that other religious groups had already been teaching for decades before he showed up? Also, the 1914 belief is not a "restored Bible truth", since nobody in the first century was teaching it, that's for sure. This also greatly obscures the history of that era, PYRAMIIIIIIDSSS.... This is also the same "John the Baptizer" work that led to the mistaken notion of the great tribulation starting in 1914. So, the guy whose mess you've spent decades cleaning up after was preparing the way how, exactly?

Ah, that's enough for one post.

--sd-7

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And what's this they're teaching the rapture now? The anointed will be taken up to heaven before Armageddon? I heard something about it at the Memorial and nearly spat up. Now it's confirmed.

And the "Feeding many through a few..." I was paraphrasing for my husband sitting across from me at his computer, and I couldn't even get far without saying, Puh-lease! and storming off.

From the amount of footnotes, I figure they're really hammering this one and bending over backwards to convince everyone. And the diagrams are actually helpful in understanding what they're trying to say, even if what they're trying to say is bonkers. But my JW friends will be saying, "Look how loving the FDS are to draw DIAGRAMS for us! They're really helping us to learn. The end must be so close!"

Others are just going to be plain bamboozled, and others like me will see it for the power grab that it really is and join our community!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit