Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

Dagney, It sounds like you're talking about the FB "Fan Page". They are the only pages that have the "like" feature...button, and yes, if it's been "liked" you will see the news feed on your profile and everyone else will see you "liked" that page on the news feed.

But what's interesting is that you didn't press the "like" button, but it happened anyway, then you "un liked" is that correct?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it looks like the AWAA SUV STD apologist have all run back to their corner. What a pantload this turned out to be.

• DT
    DT

I started another thread that got locked right away because it was supposed to be all sorted out. However, I don't think it is. My understanding is that people's information is still at risk if they have been added to a group without their knowledge and the entire group of over a thousand people can see that they are members. I only started another thread because it doesn't appear that anybody from the AAWA is doing anything to correct that.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Dagney, It sounds like you're talking about the FB "Fan Page". They are the only pages that have the "like" feature...button, and yes, if it's been "liked" you will see the news feed on your profile and everyone else will see you "liked" that page on the news feed.

But what's interesting is that you didn't press the "like" button, but it happened anyway, then you "un liked" is that correct?

That is correct.

• mind blown
    mind blown

You can decide for yourself with this information.

https://www.facebook.com/help/220336891328465/?q=managing%20a%20group&sid=05exjpTx4ktUyus1B

So even though you're in a 'SECRET" GROUP, other members of that group can see your profile and picture. So bottom line is those forced added (who knows who people) can see who everyone is...........

Wh a t a re the priv a cy options for group s?

There a re three priv a cy options for group s: Open, Closed a nd Secret. The t a ble below shows who c a n join these group s a nd wh a t people c a n see a bout them.

OpenClosedSecret
    Who c a n join?A nyone c a n join or be a dded by a memberA nyone c a n a sk to join or be a ddedA nyone, but they h a ve to be a dded
    Who c a n see the group n a me a nd who's in it?A nyoneA nyoneOnly members
    Who c a n see posts in the group ?A nyoneOnly membersOnly members
    Who c a n find the group in se a rch?A nyoneA nyoneOnly members
    Who c a n see stories a bout the group on F a cebook (like in News Feed a nd se a rch)?A nyoneA nyoneOnly members
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh here comes sinister Dagney now to confuse us with truth

• DT
    DT

That chart makes it look like other members can only add members for an open group. If that is the case, how did this problem ever develop for a secret group?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Holy Crapola Dagney! I'm sorry that happend.

I have my JW daughter on my page, and we're already having a hard go of it. I would be firey pissed off as well!

When I noted other members seeing other members of a group on this thread........that's exactly when Cedars took off.......

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe a better question than how should the facebook group be setup would be "is Facebook suitable for anything that requires security and anonimity?"

Ultimately, anyone using their facebook account to link with anything that could be damaging to them if exposed IS taking a risk. Same probably goes for LinkedIn and other sites too but facebook is notorious for disregarding privacy.

Also, please remember people are in different time-zones so be patient when expecting a response.

• mind blown
    mind blown

But if it's stated on a group about privacy issues (especially in XJWs due to potental risks), at least a potential member is warned and has option herself/himself to join or not. But this forced added thing is a fatal mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit