What should replace religion ?

by Finkelstein 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Here is an interesting speech by Daniel Dennett. I thought it was a balanced and honest talk,

bringing out both sides of this purposed plausible suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tGpMcFF7U

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

A happy, full life. A life where we are in full control of our mental faculties, free of myths and dogmas. Free of fear of the supernatural.

As a society, I hope we continue to replace it with advances in science and humanity.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Common sense....

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Interesting. But on the other side, at this point in time, especially after 1947, God is making himself more active and real and so we have to deal with him at some point.

The second coming occurred in 1992 and the "sign of the son of man" which appears to the elect was known to the WTS as it appears in their Revelation book!

So while likely all religions except the true religion will not be relevant. a religion that recognizes the true God, the God of the Bible, will remain relative to reality.

But since God "hides out" from the world for this phase of the plan, at Armageddon everyone will be on the same page. So like atheists, the fantasy of whatever you want will persist until God changes that, which he will do for everyone, will soon end.

But just to share how this topic affects some of us, some of us who actually experience the action of holy spirit or even like myself who have had more direct personal contact with God, just shake our heads at this and maybe laugh, because it is not real. Gold is real and the Bible is true and God will vindicate both. But the move away from false religion, even JWs, is quite understandable.

This is about people looking for something, perhaps honestly, that they are not finding in religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But on the other side, at this point in time, especially after 1947, God is making himself more active and real and so we have to deal with him at some point.

But Messiah , how is this possible when Christianity is on a downward tread, being replaced by secular humanism all over the world ?

I would assume then that you were born in 1947 .

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Miami Heat / Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about the " Golden Rule ?" Or, if everyone followed the two greatest commandments everything would be fine. If I love God, and I love my neighbor, and I mean REALLY do those two things, then who would I ever be harming? What if EVERYONE did that. It's the hypocrisy that needs to go IMO.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

If I love God, and I love my neighbor, and I mean REALLY do those two things, then who would I ever be harming? What if EVERYONE did that. It's the hypocrisy that needs to go IMO.

Seems reasonable at first blush, but perhaps Jesus should follow his own advice, and really do unto others as he would himself, and not become the chief agent of death with his long sword, treading the winepress of gods anger in a fiery vengance as Revelation and other bible passages bring out; assuming that you believe that sort of thing. You have to ask yourself why does the god of the bible intend to kill everyone that doesn't see things his way, when he is the one that gave them freewill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jClyinERY

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

All-you-can-eat soft-serve ice cream

• cantleave
    cantleave

What should replace religion?

Tolerance, free thinking, education, altruism, good governance, cooperation and collaboration ............................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit