AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
  • cantleave
    cantleave

CA - Please be assured the passion is there as is the strategic direction.

Edit: Tracy Chapman

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I do believe it. Can't leave. Just trying to keep the passion in the conversation, so it doesn't become a mere numbers discussion.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I'm very glad to hear of this new association. I too lean toward feeling that the name is a bit negative, but a name is small potatoes compared to the mission, which is outstanding. I look forward to joining in and contributing in any way I can to the success of this movement.

Congratulations!

• LV101
    LV101

Love Tracy Chapman --- thanx for posting now I must dig out here CDs.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Awesome

thanks cedars & all others involved

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Unfortunately some may see that a lot of the passion has been lost over the discussion about the name.

Believe me the passion is there. It is there from all of you who are posting, donating and volunteering.

Cedars is a front man rignt now. One, BTW, who needs a well-deserved break from all the hard work he has put into this over the last few months.

This isn't the only discussion board that knows about AAWA. Many of you have posted the message on ohter boards and we appreciate that.

And we have listened to your thoughts. The truth is we are anti-WT-policies that hurt people. Our mandate is to expose WT policies and to help those who have been hurt. We have discussed it and we do see merit in what you say. We even really like some of your suggestions. But the bottom line it is done. It might be changed at some point in the future but for now the board has decided to stay with it.

So the work, the passion, and the need is to expose those WT policies that hurt people. That is where we need to focus our energies. And we will see how it works out.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

The name is great, straight to the point & in no way says that it is anti jehovahs witnesses (R&F)

• gone for good
    gone for good

Lady Lee -

That aggressive, 'in your face name' name may be a good vehicle to differentiate the arrogant, delusional, greedy,

abusive master from the humble, ill-informed and manipulated slaves of the R&F JWs.

'Kick Ass' someone called it... yeah, let's all get together... and Kick some Watchtower Corporate Ass!

Thanks to you all who have already worked so hard... its going to be great!

• extractor
    extractor

Great post Lady Lee. Getting JWs out is part of it, but I read the Mission Statement as mainly getting the WT to stop destroying lives and the best way to do this is to expose it. (A great way to kill mold is sunlight & fresh air.) AAWA is unabashedly AGAINST the WT's policies of ruining people. The WT is 100% wrong & this Organization has got away with it Scott-free for too long.

Scientology is falling apart mainly because the media has finally learned what it really is. Could you imagine seeing the WT on the cover of TIME magazine someday? EXPOSE THIS CULT.

Scientology

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit