Moses and his God directed mass genocide.

by AMO 55 Replies latest social current

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My take on it:

Yes.

Can't wait until he does it again.

• Comatose
    Comatose

You guys are missing the best point. They killed the babies and toddlers, but PRESERVED and KEPT for themselves the virgin girls. 32k of them.

right..... That sounds godly.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes, the Midjanite virgins. Sometimes I show those verses to bible believers.........their reactions can be very fun to watch!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Imagine bringing back babies and grandmas just to then be told to kill them... How pathetic and cruel to the ones who thought they were spared momentarily. Then they had to kill all the baby boys and moms and grandmothers. BUT, look at that! KEEP the virgins! Amazing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Does God condone cut and paste?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Imagine bringing back babies and grandmas just to then be told to kill them... How pathetic and cruel to the ones who thought they were spared momentarily. Then they had to kill all the baby boys and moms and grandmothers. BUT, look at that! KEEP the virgins! Amazing.

this is exactly what i am talking about. its simply not possible to honestly and morally reconsile this with what is suposse to be a "god of love".

and again, really sit down and meditate on these accounts and really think about what is being done. i never did that all my years as a JW, and most people dont do that. and to the aplogists, i notice you dance around the children and babies stuff and focus on "the wicked people". well, i'll give you the wicked people, but defend the killing of children and babies. i already heard the majority of defenses which i outlined before, so if you have something new, i'd love to hear it.

• steve2
    steve2

Comatose - I cannot speak for others, but I do not think I am missing your very good point.

As SBF said, the Bible reflects the human society within which its evolving messages were first written. When I speak of "God" creating the double standard, I should have made it clear I was not talking about a literal "god", but humankind's inclination to resort to divine "authority" as a way of getting other humans to obey and/or cooperate.

The keeping of the virgins for the conquerors pleasure disgusts modern humans in a way that it has disgusted no earlier human societies because of the modern "rights" and "justice" awareness in many human societies.

There was a time - until quite recently - when believers in the Bible would conveniently overlook the shocking blood-infused immorality of the Old Testament, yet condemn their fellow humans for not abiding by a strict personal moral code (e.g., premarital sex, homosexuality). Somehow, there still exist fundamentalists who are rabidly judgemental about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms, yet "explain away" the Jehovian genocidal rages that stain and putrify the pages of the misnamed "Holy" Bible.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It sucked to be a Caananite living in an area the true god wanted.

• AMO
    AMO

Thanks everyone for your replies on this. Seems to me the believers are riding over the rough and taking in all the smooth when reading the bible. the unbelievers seem to take it as it is, a cowardly slaughter. lets not forget this man in his early life was a murderer, he ran away and hid in fear for his own life. If God as you are taught is all mighty, all powerful he only had to think of Moses enemies into nonexistance why let many Israelite soldiers die in the .

many battles, more of a senseless waist of human life. It just don't make any sense.

Amo

• jam
    jam

Do we have any recorded history other then the Bible that

this took place? Just last nite I was reading the history of the

Hittites and no where in their history do they mention any

battles with the Israelites. The Hittites were a major power.

History record there enemies and they were Egypt, Canaanites, no mention

about the Israelites drving them out of their home land.

To commit genocide aganist a nation such as the Hittites, no way.

These people discovered iron, they had one of the most

powerful military in their day. Hell the Israelites were still using stones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit