Moses and his God directed mass genocide.

by AMO 55 Replies latest social current

• Comatose
    Comatose

Read the book Unearthing the Bible. It dwells on the Egyptian and Hittite people's. Great read.

• mP
    mP

Even if some of the genocides are madeup it shows the true motivations of the authors. They were greedy kings and priests who wanted obedience and free food via sacrifices. They allow slavery because wh would a rich elite give a damn about slaves and it shows.

• Messerschmitt
    Messerschmitt
    Just last nite I was reading the history of the Hittites and no where in their history do they mention any battles with the Israelites. - jam

What book were you reading, jam?

• jam
    jam

Messerschmitt: Well last nite on the history channel, a two

hour program on the Hittites, so I was curious and search

several sites on the net. From what I read, the Hittites were

a progressive, civilized people. Not worthy of genocide, really

no one should be worty of that. But I was surprise, their accomplishment.

You see what happen when you veiw the Bible as a book of history. LOL

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    If God as you are taught is all mighty, all powerful he only had to think of Moses enemies into nonexistance why let many Israelite soldiers die in the .
    many battles, more of a senseless waist of human life. It just don't make any sense.

or better yet .. why didn't the Almighty God just turn the desert into a land flowing with milk and honey..why did they have to kill to prove he was GOD

• steve2
    steve2

"God" is a human-invented Being who dwells beyond the earth, is all powerful, is righteous, knows everything worth knowing and is powerful enough to get away with murder or ordering you to murder.

Just like the call of nature, when "God" calls you cannot refuse. He will have you doing things you could never justify doing by your own "authority". Mere mortals have secular law. With God you have Holy Orders that must be obeyed even if bloodshed occurs.

It is no little thing in human history to twist ones little self inside out trying to fathom what is required to be spared His wrath. In this light, God is both banker and robber. In the pages of the "Holy" Bible He both creates and solves problems. Just hope you are in his Good Books when he comes knocking for the rent.

• mP
    mP

steve2:

Good Books

mP:
    WHy ar eyou calling the Bible "good", its full of racism, hatred, rape, slavery and genocide all commanded by Jehovah himself. Every other page theres someone dying or being condemned. On the ohter hand its very hard to find any examples of charity of general kindness. I bet if you tried to count a list of the later you will b e lucky to hit 5.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My take? I don't see the problem with it. They all would be dead by now anyway, so what is the difference?

IF they had not died, they would have multiplied and the population would be so much more today.

That change in history would have a great effect today.

• mP
    mP

Rat:

Well if they dont matter, maybe you dont matter either. You are of course assuming that these genocides actually happened. Either way the it shows the true colours of the good of the bible. He is just a opportunist monster, who is the same as Hitler, Attila the Hun and all the other monsters people condemn. The difference is most people are scared or dishonest to say Jehovah is that bad.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

If YHWH is more than just the tribal god of the Hebrews, As ra was for the egyptians and zeus for the Greeks and If what is referred to as "god" by monotheistic religionists is actually this YHWH then he has some explaining to do in how he led by example. When the religious nutcases (they also worshiped yhwh) came over from the low countries and England and met the "savages" that were the natives of this land they used this Moses story, and gods example as justification to committ a long history of genocide.

Are we not to lead by example? Were not the kings of Israel expected to lead by example? If YHWH is all knowing wouldn't he know that his example would be the basis of much of human conduct in the future? Many blame free will for dark moments of humanhistory saying "you can't blame god for genocide it's just bad people misusing their free will.". But I ask would the israelis be punishing the Palestinians without this and other stories found in their book? In the same token would there be such a thing called Jihad if not for the emphasis placed on such stories in the koran. Could it be said that Moses and Joshua directed a jihad against the idol worshipping pagan cannanites? This story and those of a similar color have been used as justification by conquerors when they conquer.

Or could it be that these are stories of a tribe fighting for survival and then when they win claim their god (insert gods name) was on their side and when they lose it was because they angered their god? stories and myths help people to understand otherwise difficult concepts and actions.

Now examples are important I think we can all agree. So I turn to a man like Gandhi, using nonviolence to solve problems ...and he worshipped brahma and vishnu and kali. Well it can be said gandhis pagan idea, This nonviolence, is a modern thought for a modern age is not applicable to the slave dealing concubine raping, sword weilding genocidal Hebrew culture 3000 years ago and that's true enough. Gandhi walking in israel would have clearly stood out like Jesus of nazareth standing in a kingdom hall.

But if YHWH is timeless and changes not then why did he allow himself to be depicted as an example of violence. People have to die for him and let's not forget the animals nor his son who had to die. Death blood and violence. Then in an amazing example of doublespeak that would make janet napolitano jealous...he inspires a guy to write...god is love. Even though his superlative example of love was sending his son to be executed. Now Jesus is practically an opposite example. And look what that led to...christians killing non christians and christians alike. Why? because the example that YHWH made for himself. I can almost hear Jesus now, " i have a hard enough job as it is, dad, why did you have to be such an intolerant, blood thirsty pyschopath...the sinners are just so confused."

And confused they are, for 2000 years apologists and critics have been hashing it out but only one man figured it out (recently) how to resolve conflict without shedding blood and he was a Hindu! So much for your example YHWH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit