Moses and his God directed mass genocide.

by AMO 55 Replies latest social current

• AMO
    AMO

Was wondering what modern day christians take is on the slaughter of hundreds of thousands perhaps millons, on his God directed journey to the promised land.

???

AMO

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

God sanctioned the murders....therefore they are moral.

God had his reasons...it's not for us to question him.

The murder victims were of a different religion...therefore they deserved to die.

"Men, in order to do evil, must first believe that what they are doing is good."
    -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

• cofty
    cofty

Its a good question.

I started a similar question on the topic 2 years ago called "Soldiers of Jah". It went for 11 pages and there were no reasonable answers from any of the Christain apologists.

One of the most popular answers was that the Caananites were guilty of child sacrifice so apparently god's solution was to have all the babies slaughtered. Couldn't make it up could you?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

this, and not genesis was what woke me up. especially the killing of children and babies. i mean you can make the argument that the wicked people who sacrificed their kids to their gods were worthy of death. but to also kill the babies and children makes no sense, especially for "a god of love". clearly they could have spared the babies, and raised them as their own. the counter arguments made by apologists were ridiculus, like god killing the children or babies was actually good for them because then they went to heaven, even if i bought that, there is nothing at all in the text to indicate that, so that is watchtower style iesisgesis.

i think when you really meditate on these passages and really picture what is happening and dwell on it, you come away with realizing that if god does exist, he isnt the OT god. that dude makes hitler look like ghandi.

• glenster
    glenster

News & World Events
    "Moses and his God directed mass genocide"

Again!? (Sorry.)

General considerations: God's prerogative--God owns it all and can do what He
    wants with it, including give or take all and any life as He wants.

Conservative: it happened.

Liberal: theology.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Is the issue that God supposedly commanded it? That it happened? that people are ok with it or some other issue?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

So they were commanded not to Kill, Steal or Covet... then told to Covet their neighbors land, Kill them and Steal it....

from a God who can't break his own laws..

Now we know the answer to that question...

• AMO
    AMO

Thanks cofty, did have a quick search but didnt find your thread, will put aside an evening and go through it, lol.

PSacramento, yes, yes and that are modern day christians ok with it, yes, ???.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Is the issue that God supposedly commanded it?

Supposedly? Why supposedly?

• AMO
    AMO

MMM thats a point, we only have Moses word that it was directed from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit