Moses and his God directed mass genocide.

by AMO 55 Replies latest social current

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am trying to Cut n paste the people posts I am responding too and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Damn chrome !

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHRmdCZO2bE

Try not to womit! This is for real....it is no fake!

• cofty
    cofty

Highlight the bit you want and press CTRL+C

Click in the text box and hit "enter" a few times.

Click on the top line and then select "quote" in the "styles" drop-down box. A quote box should appear.

Click inside it and press"CTRL+V"

Now click below it and type.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yeah, WLC view is not a real popular one.

It takes a very strong "starting point' of faith to agree with it.

Personally I am more of the view that Israel's expansionist tendencies were "justified" by the notion that "God commdanded" it.

In short, they believed they were right in claming their ancestrial home from the Cannanites and justified it by God's promise and because they were successful then it must have meant that "God was on their side".

The wording used to describe these compaignes were typical of ANE writings.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Highlight the bit you want and press CTRL+C

Click in the text box and hit "enter" a few times.

Click on the top line and then select "quote" in the "styles" drop-down box. A quote box should appear.

Click inside it and press"CTRL+V"

Now click below it and type.

AH, Thanks, got it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LOL, maybe not !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I use Firefox and every second time or so it refuses to cut and paste for me.

• cofty
    cofty

It doesn't work if you are quoting multiple paragraphs. Copy them one at a time or else click on HTML and clean up the code.

• steve2
    steve2

What God does, God condones; what man does, God condemns.

Old news to some - God gave birth to the very first Double Standard; well they do say He created everything.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I give up on cut n paste, LOL !

Anyways and to get back on topic.

IMO, the bible is a refelction of the world we live in, it is God's word, yes, BUT inm human words via human authors and as such, we must take the whole of it to truly get a picture about God and Hisplan for us and we must also realize that IF God created the world and it is in need or redemption ( which was done Via Christ) then the bible ( as reflection of this world) is also in need or redemption (which was done via Christ).

There is a reason that there are what appears to be contridictions between what God says at times and what He says later and while SOME of them cna be viewed as accomodations, we must admit ( or at least I do) that does NOT answer ALL the issues of the OT VS the NT.

In my view there was much written in the OT that was propaganda in favour of Israel and it's Kings that was "passed off" as God's word, that said we can also see that writers also wrote of when God punished Israel and it's kings ( NOte, that God told them that they should NOT have kings).

I think that the if the OT had gotten it "right" that there would have been no need for Christ and a NT.

I think it is a naive view to view that bible as NOT in need of redemption when it is clearly stated that ALL of creation is in need of redemption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit