Emery

So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's

• maisha
    maisha

TOUGH.

Abide by the rules!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Rules are rules. The jws didn't read or ignored the rules. Cool, so they weren't able to use the community center of the walking corpses. Feel sorry for them? My arse.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I have to use Hubby's posts now since I'm out of my allotted 10...

But Shepherd Book: Don't pay any attention to those that say it was childish. If it was one of us that had pulled this we would have been hauled before the elders for trying to be DECEPTIVE!

Every single event room/hall/community center I've always gone to rent they clearly point out the alcohol rule, which is clearly stated above your signature and make you sign a contract. If it is found out later that you DID have alcohol then you can be fined heavily.

So at the risk of being 'flamed' myself, how is getting the JW's to follow the rules childish or wrong????

It was NOT Shepherd book that broke the rules it was the JW's!!!!

Newly Enlightened

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

love it

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

The Quiet One - Yes, it is true, and thanks for your kind words.

I just couldn't picture a security guard at a memorial, and I couldn't picture the local JWs paying for the service, so I just had to ask. Like I said, I figured there was a small chance the coordinator didn't know about the alcohol, in which case the congregation would have to pay for the officer and, thus, less money would find it's way to Bethel.

Like I said in the intial posting, I felt bad about the end result and the only good I saw from it was that, in the unlikely event a "worldly" person showed up, they would see it had been relocated (and a later time) and probably just shrugged their shoulders and left.

I posted it here just 'cause I thought it was interesting; I would have probably posted her repsonse no matter what it was. Only, I would have said something like, "I wonder what that security officer was thinking when he saw only one bottle of wine, and no one drinking it!" or "Has anyone else heard of congregations having to pay security officers to watch them during the memorial? Do you count them as attendees?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Apostates(TM)' ala the WBT$ defenition DON'T EXIST!

If they moved the meeting or not.....if they thought a non JW scuppered their illegal plans or not............they'd still be the same in mindset.

The JWs and any other section of the community, should obey the rules end of story.

If anyone suffers in this instance it's because the JWs leaders were not being obedient to the 'superior authorites(TM)'. The blame lays squarely on the BOE.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

That's really funny. I really doubt they would give them a pass even if no one partook because it would still be considered open container. And it would't be fair to the other church group who had to use non alchoholic wine.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It really is a puzzle why they didn't just get a security guard. I would guess that there was some internal BoE battle of wills that played into this.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think you did the right thing by pointing it out. The fault lies with the witnesses for omitting they were having wine. As such they should have gotten security.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit