Congregation had to relocate Memorial...thanks to me

by Shepherd Book 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• out4good3
    out4good3

Indeed....

The JWs will pick your ass apart and label you a fire breathing mentally diseased apostate if you break any of their rules.

So, obviously, we should give them a pass when they attempt to break a rule.......

They got caught with their

pants down

Why shouldn't they suffer the consequences as anyone else would have to do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A game? It isn't just that they had the wine that was the problem, but that they tried to sneak it. Dishonesty is always worse than the problem it is supposed to solve, whether it be by violating the rules or by scamming people into a religion that is half Jewish by claiming it as pure Christian. They could have been upfront about the wine passing, and either they would have had the security guard, gotten a variance for that occasion, or relocated in plenty of time to avoid the chaos. It was the dishonesty on the part of the witlesses, trying to sneak the alcohol, and not the policy or the snitching about it that created the mess.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

The point is that nobody would care less if the group meeting there wasn't JW. This kind of action reinforces their persecution complex, they would have known that an 'opposer' reported them, as who else who would bother? And for what? $200 that wouldn't even come from the Watchtower?.. Anyway, there are bigger issues out there, so I'm done here.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Ahh....the old you're persecuting us only because we're JWs line.

I get it now......

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Yeah, what WTWizard said.

This didn't make my day, as The Quiet One suggests. In fact, when I brought it up to my wife last night (and I only remembered it because she had a memorial story of her own to relate), I began by saying, "So here's something that happened, and I feel kind of bad about it."

When I first contacted the center, I was honestly just curious. An event I attended last year had a last-minute decision to nix their wine, and I knew JWs wouldn't do that, so I was curious how it was being handled. I expected the response to either be: "Yes, they're serving wine, and they're having a security officer as required by law," or "Well, it's only ceremonial and no one's drinking it, so we're letting this slide." I figured there was a chance she'd write back and say, "Oh, I didn't know that...I'll have to charge them for an officer now," but I was completely floored by the response stating they relocated.

The congregations' savings accounts are for these unexpected costs, and when they have surpluses, they send them on to Brooklyn. I would prefer to see $160 go to the local law enforcement rather than Bethel.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Can't say I agree with your actions entirely. It's hilarious on one hand, but on the other hand, snakish. I guess with some apostates the ends justify the means, and considering the WT has done all that it can to make life hell for apostates and JWs by the way, some see it as ok to get down and dirty. Can't say I agree with this one. Very creative though!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Shepherd Book did nothing wrong. A concerned citizen simply inquired about a rule involving wine being served at a community building. Just so happens that it involved a cult ceremony that he used to be involved with, which cult now probably considers him "mentally diseased." Not sure of the negative impact the involvement with the cult has had on him.

This cult that judges people on all kinds of petty rules got caught up in trying to circumvent an important rule of the rental agreement. The JW's could have ponied up for a security guard and kept their meeting there, but they did not. It was their own fault they had to move their Memorial meeting.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"When I first contacted the center, I was honestly just curious." -- If this is true, I sincerely apologise.

• jgnat
    jgnat

No harm, no foul. What I find hilarious is that this ritual would involve passing around the wine, not actually partaking. All the frills and no party. The security guard would have been bored out of his mind.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

I say Kudos to you!

If just one person was saved from being involved with this cult, you have done a service to your fellow man. It's not your fault that they didn't abide by the rules. It's also not your fault that they didn't make arrangements to compensate for the schedules of those attending. Imagine if soemone were to hold a legal protest outside the event drawing attention to any of the number of JW policies that harm people (hiding sexual abuse, shunning, mistreatment of women, etc.), if you went an inch too close, they'd be on the phone to the authorities. You had every right to make your inquiry & they made the decision to move the event.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit