Satan's Dirty Deed in 1914

by Yadirf 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Yep Yardif, like you said "Good story, not true".

Also, have you ever stopped to consider that if the number 144,000 is a literal number, then the 12 tribes out of which they come is also literal. Do you believe that the so called annointed can trace their lineage back to one of the 12 tribes?

• roybatty
    roybatty

What about 1925? Why didn't Satan cause another WW and have them also stuck on that date? LOL.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yadirf: You said, "Satan caused WWI." How is that? It is unprovable, mere speculation that Satan did any such thing.

If so, who fought Satan in WWI? Was it Jehovah using the rest of mankind to fight the forces of evil? Then, this makes the Bible Student's refusal to fight Satan even more damning.

But, which side was Satan on, the German Imperial Government or the Western allies? Was he on neither side, just stiring up trouble?

The point is that no human can really know. To make allegations about some mythical spirit being called Satan the Devil, and place one's faith in such is blind credulity. The same people that invented Satan also invented a literal hellfire. All these concepts speak more to the tribal nature of human evolution through the ages of superstition and efforts to explain what could not be explained by science ... until later ages.

If Satan literally exist, and he might, then certainly the invention of religious organizations in opposition to the simple individual, mono-e-mono rel;ationship each have with God is the far worse of any sins he commits, far more sinister and effective than even starting a war.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Little Toe; "Come on Friday, you can do better than that!"

No he can't. reknaW by name, reknaW by nature...

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Yes Satan himself caused that war so as to interfere with the advancement of true worship, and he has succeeded by providing the WTS with a seemingly good reason to think that the 1914 date was significant AFTERALL.

Satan started WW1 just so as to con the JW's?

Well, I'm very glad that's been cleared up![8>]

Englishman.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Duchie

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt to prove it. You'll have to do your own research, unless you catch me onto THAT subject in an appropriate thread. (Hint)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

roybatty

LOL? Did you get any on you?

Why do you ask such a unreasonable question? Why would Satan need to
    keep them locked onto the 1925 date when he already had them hooked on the 1914 date? Why do I have to do all your thinking for you! Like they say, "sheeesh!

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    To make allegations about some mythical spirit being called Satan the Devil, and….
    If Satan literally exist, and he might, then….

Didn’t your troubles really begin when you got a copy of Ray Franz’ COC,Amazing? Just think, before Ray Franz got into your mind you firmly believed in the existence of Satan. Now, after having been indoctrinated with Ray Franz’ LITERature, you’ve lost faith … even in some things he still believes in. My, what a fine example he and you both have turned out to be!

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Englishbum

Demagogue!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What I DID say is that Satan made sure that the Society CONTINUED to believe in that date, by the use of trickery. Satan caused WWI.

Satan caused WWI for the purpose of tricking the WTS? Damn, I didn't know the bOrg were so important in the overall "plan" than millions of people had to die for the purpose of tricking an international book publishing corporation.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks friday, i needed a few jokes to start my day. You could do a stand up comedy routine w your theology. I can see you up there beside bill cosby, each of you talking very seriously, and everyone laughing their heads off.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit