Dear watchtower bible and tract society, governing body, and all of your twisted teachings...

by OneDayillBeFree 56 Replies latest jw friends

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

It was impossible to sit there being taught this vomit so I had to prepare the following comments on shunning and education which I had the fortune to comment at the beginning of each subtitle ,they effectively set the pace for the rest comments that followed discrediting all this pile of manipulation .If the Watchtower Contactor's eyes could kill I would have been incinerated on the spot .These comments were taken directly from the Watchtower publications:

SHUNNING: The official website of Jehovah's Witnesses ,under the title :" Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion?"has the following to say :Those who were baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

The July 2009 Awake ,page 29 ,under the title "IsItWrongtoChangeYourReligion? " has the following to say :Although the Bible makes a clear distinction between true and false teachings, God allows each person the freedom to choose how he or she will respond. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family. Does study of the Bible lead to family breakup? No. In fact, the Bible encourages a husband and wife who practice different religions to remain together as a family.-1 Corinthians 7:12, 13.

EDUCATION :

The brochure especially designed for schools and teachers Jehovah's Witnesses and education under the title "How Jehovah's Witnesses view education" has the following to say :Like all parents, Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned about their children's future. They therefore attach great importance to education. "Education should help people become useful members of society. It should also help them develop an appreciation of their cultural heritage and live more satisfying lives."AS THIS quotation from TheWorldBookEncyclopedia suggests, one of the main aims of schooling is to train children for day-to-day living, which includes enabling them to care for the needs of a family one day. Jehovah's Witnesses believe this is a sacred responsibility. The Bible itself says: "Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." (1 Timothy 5:8) The years spent at school prepare children for the responsibilities they will take on in life. Accordingly, Witnesses feel that education should be taken very seriously.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

A comment was made at ours that the C.O. once said that if we secretly communicate with disfellowshipped ones, we could be blocking holy spirit from operating on that one to draw them back. Wha....? Us lowly humans can block holy spirit? I think holy spirit will do what holy spirit wants to whether we're involved or not.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The Watchtower Study conductor who heard raymond frantz comments was unable to censure him since the source of his remarks was the WTS publications themselves! I wish I could have been at that particular meeting just to see his reaction. But I’ll bet it will be a long time before raymond frantz gets the chance to comment again, and I don’t doubt that the Study conductor has already “marked” him.

The WTS knows that many of its older publications are available without cost on the Internet. It has created its own “library” with publications that only go back to the year 2000 in a vain effort to counteract the accessibility of its older publications elsewhere in cyberspace. I only hope that its captives will take advantage of this and do the same kind of research many of us already have. If they do so, they will see that the WTS has only a “form of godly devotion” and are proving themselves to be the false prophets Christ warned against.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

Us lowly humans can block holy spirit?____Leaving-quietly

The Governing Body blocks it all the time ,

They claim they're uninspired and they got the track record to prove it

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Is not difficult to fight them back .They have one type of approach for the public (Awake,WT public edition,jw.org) and one to bid the flock (WT STUDY ,Jeremiah book etc.) .all you have to do is use the publicutions used for the public against them

• Pickler
    Pickler

Oodad posted a link to the definition of the false dilemma...

JWs master manipulation tactic, we are raised on this, so it's how we think & it f**ks up our thinking & decision making abilities in all areas of life!!!!!

Typical JW choice.... Either THIS way, or you are choosing to DIE in Armageddon. If you are a kid, hate what is bad (whatever they tell you it is), or YOU MAKE JEHOVAH SAD....oh yeah, you'll DIE in ARMAGEDDON!

Everything becomes bigger than it should be, every choice magnified and scrutinised.

It's infuriating.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I knew the part about shunning would rile all you guys up :) But I wanted to comment on something else, perhaps one of 00DAD's false dilemmas. In paragraph 4 we're reminded that "if anyone that does not want to provide for his household, he is worse than an unbeliever (2 Thess. 3:10; 1 Tim. 5:8, ftn.)." In the next paragraph, we're told that if we have a job offer that may "distance you from Jehovah" by "imped[ing] your Christian activity", you shouldn't take it, even if "you live in a land where work is scarce".

So... it's better to not take the job because of your own spiritual welfare being endangered -- but then you'd be worse than an unbeliever for not providing for your family... so obviously you should take the job. How the hell is this useful or even meaningful advice?!

Edit: I realize that the way out of this seeming paradox is the use of the phrase "want to provide for his household", but I still think this is setting up husbands for some real guilt trips.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hummm...I decided to not be offended...and use my power of choice and disfellowship the Governing Body for apostacy and Molech worship. I will never associate with them again.....I promise...nor will I call, email, send them $$, or feed them. I PROMISE!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

In the congregation I attend, no one--and I mean NO ONE--commented on the directive to not communicate with DF'd family members by email.

The lack of comment on this was notable, I think. As Quendi said, "The silence was deafening!"

That being said, my favorite bit of mind-control from this whole session came in the question for the very last paragraph:

What is your resolve when it comes to your use of free will?

Clearly the answer is: I hereby resolve to use MY FREE WILL to do whatever the Watchtower tells me to do!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Apognophos, I just want to clarify, they are not MY false dilemmas, they are the WTBTS's.

I'm merely reporting, not supporting! But I think you knew that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit