Do any of you know each other?

by Lost Diamond 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I was just wondering....how many of you have actually met each other? I'm new here. What I mean is, are there regular reunions where one can go and meet other ex-JW's face to face?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Various ones on this board organise get-togethers occasionally. Just kept your eyes peeled for announcements for any "apostate parties" that are in your area.

• orbison
    orbison

greetings
    any here know of the site for the get together around july 4 th in kelowna bc?
    thanks
    wendy

• Gopher
    Gopher

Lost Diamond,

Where are you from? (I don't need the exact address, just the general area...) Once you tell, then you'll probably make a few more friends close by you.

We occasionally organize informal 'apostofests' where we can put faces and names together. It is a lot of fun.

Welcome to our board!

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I have met several people who post on this and other boards including two very frequent posters here (look up!) and it is fun and good to be able to see the actual person. (They are even nicer in real life too!) What's more you find people who understand the path we have chosen and you have an immediate sense of "family".

Post where you are located, you are likely to find someone who would love to get together with you, even in Minnesota!

Thirdson

• Simon
    Simon

We've had the pleasure of meeting about 6 people on the forum and all have been very nice people. I'm looking forward to meeting some more.

We'd love to meet up with some in the US/Canada if we get the chance.

• apostate man
    apostate man

Well then come on over, Simon!

BTW, I have met two people from this board and am now friends with both.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • cellomould
    cellomould

Lost Diamond,

as you will see here, we just had a shin-dig in Orlando:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24830&site=3

These were the 1st people I've met here. I am not sure I would do it again, as they were all rather strange people...

...hahaha just kidding

It was a lot of fun. I highly recommend meeting some people in your area.

cellomould

"Money walks through the door, and memory flies out the window" Dream Theater, 6:00

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I'm guessing I have met 30 people at least from this board, and another couple of JW/xjw/non/jw boards.

It's fabulous. I highly recommend it. I'm hoping to meet another few bunches in May, June, July and hopefully August/September of this year; and some more in the spring of 2003.

Yeee--haaaa!!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I have met up with some and spoken with others on the phone.

It's quite nice to get an email from a poster asking if they may have your phone number, my biggest surprise was talking with Norm, he's a real Monty Python type.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit