Julia's Inquisition - Two elders, the full version! I want you all to see this.

by Julia Orwell 81 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Well done, Julia! You really got under Preppy's skin.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Julia Orwell:

Everybody is different about what they will tolerate. You did good but I would not tolerate this again. Once would be too many times!

How dare they just "show up" on the pretense of a friendly visit and it is a fishing expedition! I would have had a problem being civil (and that is no exaggeration) as I have no tolerance for their disregard for boundaries and acting like they are the superior authorities, when, in fact, they are nobody.

I might have had to leave the premises because I would not stand there and humor them! I also do not appreciate their divide and conquer tactics with married people.

As for what your non-JW mum said about them "not allowing" a university educated woman to put them "in their place", yeah, they have a real problem about women, but this is their problem. Too bad.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Well done Julia! You did a helluva job, given the short notice and false pretences the call was made under.

Which brings me to another weapon you can use, and should, before too much time passes.. I'm kinda surprised no-one here has mentioned it, in fact, given how loaded the term is for Dubs, and elders in particular.

Tell them you feel stumbled by the deceitful (another good word) way they pretended to make a shepherding call on your husband, when clearly, in retrospect, their intent all along was to subject you to an interrogation. Tell them that, in fact, now that you've had some time to consider the affair, you feel so offended by this cowardly and unchristian behaviour that you are not interested in talking to them at all.. that instead, you are going to prayerfully seek jah's guidance in this matter, and ask that he guides you to a clearer understanding of how he guides his organisation.

The implication that they might have caused you to stumble will throw them onto the defensive, and might well buy some time for you, and allow things to cool off.

(oh yeah, just in case the hotshot from Down South finds your post here, you might want to consider seeing if the Moderators can remove your location and first name from the original post in this thread. You've clearly outed yourself, and if an elder reads this thread, it's Game Over)

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Stand proud sister!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JAFO: You've clearly outed yourself, and if an elder reads this thread, it's Game Over)

Click here: A Message to Active Elders Lurking on JWN

• JAFO
    JAFO

@ 00DAD, that is just beautiful! Kudos! It should be stickied on the front page.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JAFO, glad you approve. Thanks!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" Tell them you feel stumbled by the deceitful (another good word) way they pretended to make a shepherding call on your husband, when clearly, in retrospect, their intent all along was to subject you to an interrogation. Tell them that, in fact, now that you've had some time to consider the affair, you feel so offended by this cowardly and unchristian behaviour that you are not interested in talking to them at all.. that instead, you are going to prayerfully seek jah's guidance in this matter, and ask that he guides you to a clearer understanding of how he guides his organisation."

And this is not untrue. I really do feel this way, so this is a valid defence.

If Hot Shot finds me on here, well he shouldn't be here himself! Also, with pioneering, policing the flock, having a wife and washing windows, I can't imagine him having time...but that didn't stop Captain Ahab, did it?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hang in Julia. Way to go.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The details may vary, but with these damn Pharisees it has been "same old, same old" for thousands of years now...

Offspring of vipers indeed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit