Julia's Inquisition - Two elders, the full version! I want you all to see this.

by Julia Orwell 81 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

However if you have reported the conversation in any detail then you could be outed if anyone looks on here.

It would not surprise me if the young Elder Preppy took a look here. Perhaps he'd hesitate to sign up as a "member".

(Tho that did not stop the WTS from joining the UN).

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

JULIA- You rock girl ! You definitely rock ! I liked how you weren't intimidated by them. Excellent ! You may have even given THEM something to think about. Hopefully you and hubby can avoid meeting with them again. All the elders want to do is waste our time and entrap us. I've been scrutinized at several of these meetings and it's pointless. Try to avoid any more if you can. I'm proud of you. Keep your freedom of mind my friend ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Julia - I think you handled yourself well - good on you.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You did a wonderful job of reasoning with the elders that visited you Julia. Any normal person would see your line of reasoning and agree. Unfortunately, JW's are not bred to be normal.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Awesome job Julia! Thanks for sharing. My next question:

DID YOU RECORD IT? Please say yes and let's put it online! :-)

Can you imagine if every single one of us that meets with these guys recorded and posted it?

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Admirable!! Stand your ground, you did great

• tec
    tec

You sound like you did a great job standing up to them, and formulating clear answers.

Peace to you,

tammy

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Julia,

You have conducted yourself well, and I appreciated your honest responses.

The only thing I would of said, when they asked you if you believed in the FDS, I would have quoted something that was said by a member of the GB awhile back at a Inaugural meeting. Someone on the GB stated that the members of the GB, don't all agree to everything, but, still icontinue as a body in the spirit of love. So...if they have doubts, why wouldn't you be allowed to?

But, what you said was a fair response.

If this explodes, Julia, you will be stronger, but there will be collateral damage. That is not the end of the matter, though.

Gee, what ever happened to the scripture that says, "Love covers over a multitude of sins". That certainly has been missing for many years in WT land.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Agreed, Quarterback! They rabbit on about how loving the org is and a JW has no choice but to believe it as he/she cannot look outside. I just couldn't help but notice myself all the good people 'out there' who were showing love and initiating charity and all that.

Anyhoo, I did not record it, as I was given no notice of the inquisition; it was on the pretence of talking to my husband that it arrived. I was actually in the yard showing someone my pets when they arrived, and I was a good 15 minutes out there with them, and only sat with the elders in support of my husband whom I thought they were hassling. How dare that preppy window-washer carry on like that in MY home! Believe me, it's being recorded next time. You can hear my twangy, drawly Australian accent in all its glory!

Many of you have said I will not get away with this, and this is not the last of the matter. I believe it and I'm making my peace with it. I decided to play politics. I worked under bosses like Stalin so believe me I know how politic. I called a friend, another elder I know, a non-born-in so with some thinking abilty, and told him I was interrogated and was very rattled. He thought it very unfair of them to surprise me like that.

I told him how emotionally distraught I was, and how mentally fragile it made me, and how it's been so hard on me with my PTSD, depression, anxiety and stuff and that I need to see my psychiatrist again (not an exaggeration; it has affected me medically) and he was on my side. He feels I've been treated harshly, especially as this young hot-shot doesn't know me nor undertand my health issues. Yeah, that'l change I know, but when they DF me, I want as many people as possible to see how unloving they are.

My non-JW mum can see it coming. She said these men will not allow a university educated WOMAN to put them in their places like that and I'll be out before long. She's been secretly hoping for 14 years I'd wake up, and believes my husband will follow me out. I hope she's right.

His first wife, a JW, did nothing for him, had no respect or understanding for his problems, cheated on him and dragged him through court and impoverished him. His 'apostate' wife loves him to bits, does his ironing, washing, cooking and loving, and reads and applies the Bible every day. When he went inactive years ago because he was so discouraged about his 'JW' wife, no-one in the congregation cared two straws about him. "Worldly" people gave him a place to live after he lost his house. My 'worldly' parents have showed him more Christian generosity than any JW in his life. I think he'll see what side his bread's buttered on.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What is your husbands position? will he support you as an 'apostate'?

Unless you go internet silent, they will 'get you'...I'm sure you know that...

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit