Julia's Inquisition - Two elders, the full version! I want you all to see this.

by Julia Orwell 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Great work, Julia! My favorite line: "The GB was the last thing on my mind when I got baptized!"

• perfect1
    perfect1

Since people have all responded to your story so positively, let me add:

if I were you I would be more protective of myself and stop showing vulnerability.

You have basically admitted you dont want to be df-ed for family reasons.

Everything they ask you is an attempt to determine- IN or OUT. BLACK or WHITE. You may feel you avoided completely incriminating yourself. But you havent. Eventually they must move you into one category or another.

Its time for you to get yourself out completely.

Lucky for you your family is athiest so those relationships are not in the toilet.

You dont owe them any explanation.

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry you have to through this Julia. I hope you and your husband can find your way through it all.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Awesome experience, Sister Julia! Way to stand up for truth!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I agree with DOC. I think you did a fabulous job.....but admitting to reading the Flock book may be all it takes to DF you. You have shown a BRAZEN disrespect for Jehovah's Channel of Information.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Julia.......althought you did a good job in your discussion with them, I too think you said way too much, if your goal is to not get DF'd. Your defense against the "GB loyalty questions" was pretty much a NO answer. No one wants to say "YES" to that BS loyalty question, but if your goal is to fly under the apostate radar, then say something like......"I guess so." "It's all so confusing nowdays, with all these newly anointed, newly appointed, younger GB members, and all the "new light" beliefs that they are putting out." "All these changes are really hard to understand." "Could you explained them to me, so that I could understand better?"

At this point, do not agree to meet with them again. If they are not rabid to DF you, then they have actually provided you with a good reason to fade. You or your husband can tell them that you were highly offended that you invited them over for Shepherding, and all they wanted to do was act like Inquisition assholes. State it loud, and in a highly offended manner, and they have no defense for their actions. Do this and you are soon on your way to fading.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I hope all goes well for you Julia. I too have some of the same health issues and they have gotten so much better since I walked away and I hope yours do too. It is amazing how the control of this religion has a huge impact on many of the members health, I have never seen a group of people so mentally and physically sick. My husband was a born in and I was able to get him to read Ray Franz's book and he came out with me. Yes, we have lost a lot of friends but there are so many good people out there to make new friends with who have a healthier outlook on life. Do your research on helping your husband see the truth. Read Steve Hassen's books and it will help you get him out too so you can have a rewarding life together.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Use their own lingo against them say

"I'm just going to wait on Jehovah"

If you get called to a JC just say a meeting like that makes me feel suicidal .

the elders book tells them to put it off .

• scotoma
    scotoma

Jesus was mostly silent when before the Sanhedrin. At some point you know they are going to disfellowship (kill) you.

Why answer their questions? Why meet with them?

They know they are going to kill you. They just want to goad you into a self-protective stance so they can feel justified.

If you really don't want to be disfellowhsipped you have to be a total groveling hypocrite and lie, lie, lie.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That must have been a difficult session to sit through, but it sounds like you did well! Glad your husband was by your side. As others have said, you may have said just enough for them to come after you. I think sometimes it depends on the personalities of the elders involved as to how hard they will come after someone. Please allow me to repeat what others have already said: DO NOT meet with them again. Do not give them power over you. You don't have to pick up the phone when they call, or respond to msgs, emails or texts. Hopefully your husband will support you. And if they somehow are able to make contact, please tell them they did not shephard you last time, that you felt you were attacked and being accused of wrong doing. Hopefully your husband will follow you out. There are many great people outside of the witnesses who would love to be your friends. Remember that if your current friends begin to shun you. All the best, Julia. Hold your head high!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit