Julia's Inquisition - Two elders, the full version! I want you all to see this.

by Julia Orwell 81 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

besty: might be worth using a surprised version of this in similar fishing expeditions

Agreed.

And I meant to add: In the Real World, if one party breaks the terms of a contract it generally becomes null and void. The other party is no longer bound to the contract. As far as I'm concerned, the GB has repeatedly violated the terms of what I agreed to in our "association" and therefore I am not obliged to follow their direction.

They have clearly demonstrated that they do not know where they're going.

00DAD

• maisha
    maisha

Julia

You need to discuss with your Husband what you BOTH plan to do and where he stands as they will not let this go.

Changes are going to happen and you need your support base intact first and sorted.

before they come back make sure your husband is on your side fully.

I feel for you as i see where it is going and it is not in your favour.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What IS the meaning of your baptism? To whom do you belong?

The book, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE Really TEACH ? explains it this way:

Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization. Your dedication and baptism are the beginning of a very close friendship with God—an intimate relationship with him. —Psalm 25:14. - p. 183, para. 24 - [Emphasis added]

This is from Chapter 18, "Baptism and Your Relationship with God," under the subheading, "The Meaning of Your Baptism." This book was first published in 2005. I personally checked the 2013 edition online and it still says this.

Now isn't that interesting? Our dedication is to God. It is explicitly stated that it is NOT to "a work, a cause, other humans or an organization."

BT p. 182 - 183

• Heaven
    Heaven

These guys are like the Dementors from Harry Potter. They suck the life out of people.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice 00DAD! These are the types of things to included in your questions. Just act suprised and confused, " Elder Young-buck, which of these statements is true.." If want to go out in a blaze of glory, you can. That is your right. If you really don't want to get Df'd then or DA yorself, then you have to play the game.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Heaven: These guys are like the Dementors from Harry Potter. They suck the life out of people.

They are by definition PARASITES.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

It is still mind blowing to me that it is legal to DF someone who has not commited "sin", but rather just expresses doubts int he veracity of truth, that the organization itself admits to.

I mean, it is just mental gymnastics on another level. I think you handled it well. The "loyalty question" as we have come to know it, ALWAYS comes up. I spoke to my brother a few months ago, and he even reverted right to this line of thinking.

• SadElder
    SadElder

They are looking to trap you with eloquent words. Continue to turn the tables back on them and don't answer when you don't want to. Tell them you need to do more research to settle your own questions which are no ones business but yours, "since you do not wsih to be accused of spreading" doubts.

As to Korah- ask them if he will get a resurrection - likely they will say no. The read them the scripture "So down they went, and all who belonged to them, alive into She′ol..." Guess they will get a resurrection per WT understanding of Sheol.

• nugget
    nugget

You did well in the circumstances. However if you have reported the conversation in any detail then you could be outed if anyone looks on here.

If you are ready to let go then that is not an issue.

Do not give them any power or control over you, they are unimportant men trying to gain validation by exerting influence over you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The mods might remove your post if you are afraid of the wrong people seeing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit