Anyone noticed a curiosity on the Memorial Invitation for 2013 ?

by EdenOne 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I can't scan the Memorial Invitation for 2013, but I was looking at it today and noticed something curious on the front drawing.

We have Jesus as the central figure of the composition.

To his right and bottom, a large crown, in colour, of shiny happy people of diverse origins.

Separated from this by the figure of Jesus, is another group, a much smaller one, on the left and as if ascending to the top, and grayed.

Clearly portrayed in this group is the face of CT Russell and apparently William Tyndale. But then, also Sarah and Abraham and other personalities of the OT seem to be represented there. I thought this group was supposed to represent the anointed who inherit the Kingdom, the "small flock". Am I seeing things, or is there something new suggested here?

It would be nice if someone could include a scan of the Invitation for everyone to see.

Eden

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone did post the pic on the board recently. Hopefully someone will post the link to that topic.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ok found it ...

Invitation for Memorial 2013

Eden

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Maybe its supposed to mean Jesus died for everyone, anointed and the great crowd? Thats what the wife thinks anyway... I would scan it but my scanner isnt working.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The scriptures mention that he died for ALL mankind.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The WTS clearly means to portray two separate groups of people.

I could understand it, as per the normal distinction between the "little flock" of anointed ones with heavenly hope, and the "other sheep" with an earthly hope.

Unless what they want to convey is people who live today versus those who already are dead. But it's an unclear intention

Eden

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm glad to see that Captain Janeway made the cut. Evidently both past and future generations are in the smokey-gray group over Jesus' shoulder.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

. . . and Barack Obama right next to her. . .

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

William Tyndale, a known freemason, also made the cut...

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

LOL Billy

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit