Anyone noticed a curiosity on the Memorial Invitation for 2013 ?

by EdenOne 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Another curiosity is that the invitation only invites people to a "talk" that happens to be on the same date that Jesus died. There is no connection made on the invite that this has anything thing to do with the Lord's Evening Meal or 'Last Supper' Memorial or Communion, as it is often called in non-Jw circles.

Unless a visitor has contact with a JW to explain what will be going on, he will visit a meeting with a 'talk' and then he will suddenly have bread and wine passed his way, all the while seeing everyone else (or nearly so) turning the supposed invite to partake down.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Is that Lou Rawls next to the thumb of the Christ ?

You'LL never find

as long as you live. Someone who cares about you

the way that Christ do

• theopug
    theopug

I just saw something interesting on the invitation. Take a close look at the lady all the way to the lower right hand side. Now take a close look at her lower neck.

It caught my eye right away. Got more clear under better lighting (or shining a light behind).

What I see looks like a fish.

Anyone else seeing the same ?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It looks like Sacagawea makes the cut

And Mark Twain

And Zorro

• mouthy
    mouthy

Someone called me ( AN EX CURCUIT SERVANT) & said they didnt call it the MEMORIAL on that invite???

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Grace, maybe they'll finally go ahead and call it their "Reject Jesus Party".

• moshe
    moshe

Hey, those artists stiffed Judge Rutherford!!- Pastor Russell made it, why not him? After all, he built a very grand house, Beth Sarim, for the princes and kept a 16 cylinder Cadillac in the garage for the princes of old! Sure, he had his faults, but he did come up with the name Jehovah's Witnesses, right?- doesn't that valuable brand count for something?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Billy Yep!!!maybe that will come next from the Faithful & discreet slave

• Wonka
    Wonka

I could have sworn I saw "Tommy Chong" from Cheech and Chong there too.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I recall throwing hundreds of those things away each year. Everyone got far too many at the literature counter hoping to impress others.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit