I am totally confoused who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

by booker-t 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Now the domestics are anointed and great crowd/other sheep obeying the F&DS (which is the GB only)

And I would point out that since the new teaching is such that the F&DS has not yet been appointed over all of Christ's belongings, this statement in w09 2/15 p. 26 par. 9 is now incorrect: "Included among these belongings are the facilities at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, at branch offices in various lands, and at Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls worldwide. Included too is the work of Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making."

This means that if WTS tries another KH grab, like Menlo Park, they don't even have a theological leg to stand on.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL , The real slaves are the ones out in field service

under the watchful eye of the overseer

• 00DAD
    00DAD

franticfran: I cant believe that they can claim that ...

Fran, they can claim anything they want. It doesn't have to make sense; it can contradict anything and everything else that they've ever taught. None of that matters.

And since THEY are the F&DS, YOU have to believe it ... or Jehovah will kill you at Armageddon.

Try to have a nice day!

00DAD

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Re: I am totally confoused who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I believe the official claim is the the FDS/GB is appointed over the domestics at this time. Getting appointed over all the rest is future... Still, it doesn't explain the new 2-tiered domestic class. For one group Christ is mediator, for the non-anointed group, Christ is not. Perhaps this will be adressed in a future WT article, or at next years Annual Meeting!?

LOL!! Splash, I just saw your other posts, again! Maybe we should have a concise list of all questionss regarding this nu-light? For example, " When does the resurrection of the annointed take place?" If they still claim that it has already started, then it must be reconciled with the points brought out at the annual meeting. Am I following your line of thinking?

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

00DAD said, "Fran, they can claim anything they want. It doesn't have to make sense; it can contradict anything and everything else that they've ever taught. None of that matters. And since THEY are the F&DS, YOU have to believe it ... or Jehovah will kill you at Armageddon."

Once again 00DAD, you are right on the mark with this comment. I'll tell you what bothers me. How can these leaders continue to propagate this sham of a religion. The GB members should feel shame for their mis-representation of the Bible over the decades. Most of the original leaders are dead. In time, the current GB will die. Will this religion continue? Time will tell. In the meantime, many more JWs are waking up because of having access to the internet (and find sites like this and JWFACTS).

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Data-Dog,

I guess they could have been resurrected in 1919, but then they would be hanging around heaven with nothing to do for 100 years until they were approved by Jesus and appointed over all his things.

But if they weren't approved in 1919 why would they be resurrected then in the first place...?

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW, Splash!

I just skimmed that 07 WT article. What a bunch of bull! I wonder if I just don't remember some of these things because I was already mentally out, and did not know it! Plus the articles are painful to read. You are literally sorting through the ravings and suppositions of wacko's! That article deserves de-construction and analysis.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    I guess they could have been resurrected in 1919, but then they would be hanging around heaven with nothing to do for 100 years until they were approved by Jesus and appointed over all his things.
    But if they weren't approved in 1919 why would they be resurrected then in the first place...?

One could say the same thing about Jesus! Why was he resurrected in 29CE and only made king in 1914?!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Joepublisher1: I'll tell you what bothers me. How can these leaders continue to propagate this sham of a religion. The GB members should feel shame for their mis-representation of the Bible over the decades.

Joe, you are absolutely right, the should feel shame, but I'm pretty sure they don't. It fits to profile of those with Narcissitic Personality Disorder, which evidently is a condition those on the GB all suffer from:

Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an excessive sense of self-importance, an extreme preoccupation with themselves, and lack of empathy for others.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Cause of this disorder is unknown. Early life experiences, such as particularly insensitive parenting, are thought to play a role in the development of this disorder.

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

• React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

• Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

• Have excessive feelings of self-importance

• Exaggerate achievements and talents

• Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

• Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

• Need constant attention and admiration

• Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

• Have obsessive self-interest

• Pursue mainly selfish goals

Signs and tests

Narcissistic personality disorder is diagnosed based on a psychological evaluation that assesses the history and severity of the symptoms.

Treatment

Talk therapy may help the affected person relate to other people in a more positive and compassionate way.

Expectations (prognosis)

Outcome of treatment depends on the severity of the disorder.

References

1. Blais MA, Smallwood P, Groves JE, Rivas-Vazquez RA. Personality and personality disorders. In: Stern TA, Rosenbaum JF, Fava M, Biederman J, Rauch SL, eds. Massachusetts General Hospital Clinical Psychiatry. 1st ed. Philadellphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby; 2008:chap 39.

Review Date: 11/10/2012.

Reviewed by: David B. Merrill, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.

Logo of A.D.A.M.

© 2013, A.D.A.M., Inc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit