I am totally confoused who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

by booker-t 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booker-t
    booker-t

I have been hearing and reading on websites about some "new light" JWs are saying concerning the faithful and discreet slave class. It sounds like the same information they have been saying for years. I was always taught the faithful and discreet slave class is the Annoited Governing Body members dispensing food at the proper time for the non annoited jws. Some thought Charles T. Russell was the faithful and discreet(wise)servant but came to a clearer understanding the slave class is a body of believers not one person. Jesus came and inspected all the religions in 1918/1919 and chose the WT to be the slave class. JWs have always equated the FDS with the GB. I do not see any change of doctrine or new light. Maybe I am missing something.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

yes it is amazing that they have been dispensing proper food at the proper time . yet no one encluding there own followers can explain any of it..

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Well, back when I was being raised a Dub, the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class was the 144,000.

• alecholmesthedetective
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

There have been ongoing changes to this Watchtower doctrine. See Faithful and Discreet Slave for an article showing the changes. Although the Governing Body have been the only ones with any authority, it was taught that all the Remnant were part of the Slave for a number of decades.

• cedars
    cedars

booker-t

I was always taught the faithful and discreet slave class is the Annoited Governing Body members dispensing food at the proper time for the non annoited jws.

That was the assumption that most dubs had, but it wasn't technically what the Society taught. The publications repeatedly identified the Governing Body as being REPRESENTATIVES of the Slave Class, which included all anointed Christians (memorial partakers) around the world. Late last year, this changed. As of October 5th 2012, the Governing Body are no longer REPRESENTATIVES of the Slave Class - they ARE the Slave Class.

Here is my article on the subject... http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-says-we-are-the-faithful-and-discreet-slave

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

If you want it in a simple statement:

(Last) old light - The FDS used to be all of the 144,000 anointed through history since 33CE.

You might recall phrases such as "the FDS and it's Governing Body".

New light - The FDS are those who work at HQ dispensing 'food'.

Put another way, the FDS is now synonymous with the GB. The rest of the anointed do not count at all.

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

To my mind, the FDS change wasn't the big news although it's what most people focus on.

For me the big news was that the FDS were NOT examined in 1919 and appointed over all of Christ's belongings. According to New Light, this is still future.

There are pretty significant and unexplainable repercussions of this, which is why I think we are now up to May magazines with study articles for July / August on their website, and still no explanation for the poor domestics.

Splash

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Agree with you Splash. Pretty much every witness I have spoken to didn't even think it was a change re the GB dispensing food. Only ONE person has appreciated the implications of the change regarding the examination yet this is a critical change. I am also amazed it's not in the WT yet and can only assume it will be a DC subject.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The faithful and discreet slave is the fictional misinterpretation of Jesus' parable of the just steward, twisted for their own ends to justify not only the existence of the Watchtower but to give them almost infinite control, infinite because they allow themselves to change its meaning whenever they need to give themselves greater or different powers.

In a nutshell, it's rubbish. Fiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit