I am totally confoused who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

by booker-t 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Who really is the Faithful and Wise Servant?

That's easy... 8 dudes in Brooklyn, NY:

• Mark Sanderson
      Anthony Morris III
      Stephen Lett
      Gerrit Losch
      Samuel Herd
      Geoffrey Jackson
      Guy Pierce
      David Splane

see illustration on page 29 of the April 15, 2013 Watchtower magazine booklet.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why be confused ? if you read the words in Matthew without WT specs on you will see it as what it is, a parable asking those wishing to follow Jesus how they will turn out.

So, you can be the FDS if you like, and so could 7 Billion plus people on Earth today.

As to who the WT identifies as the FDS, why bother to get it straight ? it will change next week, or the week after.

And still be wrong, see above.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is almost like they are pulling stuff out of their ass and claiming authority over 7 million people by using one scripture that they clearly are misinterpreting. I mean, really? Something as important as who is dispensing the "food" during the last days and the Bible only has one scripture indicating it? Really?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SPLASH: For me the big news was that the FDS were NOT examined in 1919 and appointed over all of Christ's belongings. According to New Light, this is still future.

Evidently, I missed that part of the New Lite too. That is a huge change, for if Jesus has not yet appointed the JW/GB over all of His belongings (in 1919 or since then), then what makes them better than any other professed Christian Church?

I must re-read all this!

Doc

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The FDS is whoever, and whomever, the GB decides it will be. When indictments get handed to the FDS, they will cease to exist again

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yes, the GB are the ones dispensing food at the proper time, althought that food includes misidentifying themselves almost a hundred years.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

OK - Lets go back to the parable: Jesus was describing a household of a wealthy man who had servants or "stewards" and slaves, these servants literally dispensed food and performed various duties. Like a group of employees in a business. They all have their jobs to do.What Jesus is saying is , when I leave, you need to carry onlike I told you to: What Jesus described as His work which was: taking care of widows and orphans, clothing the poor, visiting the sick, comforting people in distress Jesus in speaking of what work his followers would do gave the example of " I was hungry and you fed me, in prison and you visited me, naked and you clothed me " " when you do these things to the least of these you do it to Me" In other words Jesus said he wanted us to take care of each other. This was not some convoluted, mysterious 'allusion' to setting up two "classe" or an illustration of a select few lording it over and directing an "organization" God's household is the whole world and all the people in it. "Who is the faithful and discreet slave?" is a rhetorical question it applies to each and every one of us as to how we are living our lives in relationship to each other and in relationship to God and Jesus.

• maisha
    maisha

taking care of widows and orphans, clothing the poor, visiting the sick, comforting people in distress Jesus in speaking of what work his followers would do gave the example of " I was hungry and you fed me, in prison and you visited me, naked and you clothed me " " when you do these things to the least of these you do it to Me"

Lol

Sounds like ythe SALVATION ARMY

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Yes, the GB are the ones dispensing food at the proper time, althought that food includes misidentifying themselves almost a hundred years."

Right? Someone else noticed this?

We ARE the slave, dispensing the FOOD.

Oh, never mind, he never appointed us.

What?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Maisha - I didn't make this up- The Salvation Army - and ?? Your problem with them would be ?? Christianity is not a book publishing business. Its about being a neighbor - Have you read the parable of the Good Samaritan ? He helped a stranger, in a practical way, tending to him and paying for his lodging. That is the attitude Jesus was preaching about. Jesus didn't preach about "classes" of people and power structures of whose in charge and obedience to "leaders" he spoke about ordinary people and his one on one relationship with them as individuals. The faithful and discreet slave is not a "class" or a "special group" who are anointed, we are ALL supposed be anointed, all of us everybody as ONE. Read the book of John all the way through as if it applies to you, because it does.

Matthew 25: 35-40

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. ’37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit