I am totally confoused who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?

by booker-t 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

00DAD, you nailed it!

Unless you're about 100 years old, this is what you've been taught up until three months ago about who would comprise the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" (FDS): "all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute 'the faithful and discreet slave' that Jesus said would provide timely 'food' for his domestics."- w07 11/1 p. 30 par. 12

Then [00DAD] you allude to when the so-called new light was released and how – which is very strange. Finally , you summed it up with the next comment and may I say, "YOU REALLY HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK with this comment":

[00DAD] “ Remember, these are the same guys that brought you the wonderfully confusing "Overlapping Generation" explanation for Jesus great prophecy in Matthew 24:34.”

Indeed, the current Governing Body is really out there on so many fronts, but it’s their new teachings (i.e. "overlapping generation", "GB ONLY is now the FDS"), that really raise an eye-brow! I expect more of this in the future. I just feel sorry for the brain-washed JW who is far too busy to really understand the significance of these changes as well as those JWs who refuse to question their leader's wacky and crazy ideas!

For me, it really cements the fact that this organization was man-made and is man-ruled today. The whole premise of the religion is a hoax on a grand scale - I mean it has taken people in world-wide! The internet is going to expose these people for what they are - frauds, complete frauds!

• Terry
    Terry

Tripwire alarm:

1.Signs of the times

2.Millions now Living will Never Die (the bogus people who saw and understood 1914 events).

3.Dying off of remnant (countdown to zero)

4.Preaching to "All the nations"

5.Food at the proper time

Purpose: Vindicating Jehovah's Name (or proving Satan was wrong)

Now, how many of these tripwires are still being actively taught in the pages of Watchtower?

I'd say only #1 which is about all they really have to stir the pot.

#4 is arguably ongoing but the message in the "public" magazine is Kindergarten level.

The idea of Vindicating Jehovah's name has all but vanished as is the term "New World Order" which has evaporated into thin air.

The FDS hasn't been faithful. They are indiscreet in setting dates and changing doctrinal meaning. The only "slaves" in the organization are the poor schmucks who slog back and forth to the Kingdom Hall and show up for doorknocking.

The "food" is tainted and the "proper time" isn't wrong date setting, now is it?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class?"

or

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."

It is a rhetorical question designed to help the reader or listener make personal application to himself and be faithful while Jesus is absent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply. [ 1 ] The question is used as a rhetorical device, posed for the sake of encouraging its listener to consider a message or viewpoint. Though these are technically questions, they do not always require a question mark.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Often times, you’ll hear JWs (and the WTS leaders through talks and publications) urge [or even make fun of] apostates to “move on”.

All I can say is thank god that many of you haven’t. Yes, you’ve started new lives, but you’ve stuck around [long enough] to help ensure that many more JWs [and future JW prospects] can read your valued input, views and JW experiences to help expose this religion as the hoax that it is! (btw: It’s a very rare thing to come across someone who was never a JW to be able to expose this religion in an authoritative/knowledgeable manner that so many of you do! No wonder the WTS leaders would "urge" apostates to "move on"!!!)

• Listener
    Listener

The GB are saying that the FDS will recieve their appointment over all of Christ's belongings when he returns, which is in the future. However they have been saying that the 144,000 have been recieving their heavenly reward since 1914.

W10 7/15 pg 3-7

"Read2Peter 3:13. The “new heavens” is God’s heavenly Kingdom, which was established in the year 1914 when “the appointed times of the nations” ended. (Luke 21:24) This royal government is made up of Christ Jesus and his 144,000 corulers, most of whom have received their heavenly reward."

From the Annual Meeting Report

"Consequently, Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians.—Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 20:6."

So this reward is being given to individuals prior to it being given to the FDS on Christ's return when he will then give this reward to the individual members of that FDS group. No wonder it is confusing.

• Splash
    Splash

New Light Key Points:

· The Faithful and Discreet Slave was NOT appointed with the apostles at Pentecost 33CE, meaning that there has not been a continuous line of members of the Slave Class on the earth down through the ages. The Slave Class was only appointed for the first time by Christ in 1919.

· The “domestics” of Matthew 24:45 are all those who are fed spiritually by the Governing Body, whether of the anointed or "other sheep”.

· The events described in Matthew 24:46,47 now refer to Jesus coming during the Great Tribulation and giving the Governing Body their reward in heaven along with the rest of the anointed. This is a postponement compared to the last understanding.

· The “belongings” of Matthew 24:47 refer to all of Christ’s heavenly and earthly interests.

· Despite founding the Watch Tower Society and correctly discerning the pivotal date of 1914, Charles Taze Russell was not part of the Slave Class because he was not alive and serving at Headquarters when Christ made his selection in 1919. He had died in 1916.

· WT 07 1/1 said the 1st resurrection began between 1914-1935 and some resurrected ones are communicating truths to the GB. The new teaching is that this resurrection will not occur until they are judged and appointed over all his belongings in the future.

Splash

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Assertions about spirit-directed, scriptural 'evidence' and 'facts' concerning the identity of the FDS over the decades:

2012 AGM

The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”

w95 5/15 p. 16 par. 2 Part 1-Flashes of Light-Great and Small

The facts indicate that this faithful and discreet slave class comprises all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time.

w81 3/1 pp. 24-26 Do You Appreciate the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"?

Witnesses of Jehovah understand thatthe "slave" is comprised of all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time during the 19 centuries since Pentecost. Accordingly, the "domestics" are these followers of Christ as individuals.

Some readers may feel that this is a rather sectarian view of matters. Or they may object to the idea that the "slave" and the "domestics" represent the same class, one as a composite body and the other as individuals. The objectors may argue that not all of Christ's anointed disciples have a share in preparing the spiritual food, so that perhaps the "slave" pictures only the leading ones, and the "domestics" those they serve in the congregation.

There is no point in trying to force an interpretation of the parable. Self-deception is of no benefit and is spiritually damaging. Therefore, we must look to the Scriptures for an understanding. In doing this, what do we find? ...

[ ... ]

Thus we see a clear Scriptural basis for saying that all anointed followers of Christ Jesus make up God's "servant," with Jesus as its Master.

w64 6/15 p. 365 par. 23 Jehovah, the God of Progressive Revelation

The holy spirit of Jehovah is working mightily today! How thankful we should be for the provision God has made of this slave class, the modern spiritual remnant, as they faithfully dispense the revealed truths of Jehovah! With these rich truths to light the way, Christians do not grope in this dark, jungle-like world as do the masses of people in Christendom and heathendom alike. To the contrary, Jehovah's faithful witnesses have been progressively brought to an understanding of Jehovah's purposes, which are clearer now than ever before in history.

w54 9/1 p. 532 par. 14 Recognizing the Theocratic Organization for Life

14 For years it used to be thought that this "faithful and discreet slave" was one man or was the responsible office to be filled by an individual man. But is the visible theocratic organization dependent upon any single man for spiritual "food at the proper time"? No; and now in the light of accomplished prophecies we correctly see that the appointed "slave" is a class, the remnant or the remaining ones of the anointed, spiritual followers of Jesus Christ who are called to be joint heirs with him in his heavenly kingdom.

w23 3/1 p. 72, par. 48, Loyalty the Test

If, then, we believe that the Lord is present, conducting his harvest work and the setting up of his kingdom; if he chose Brother Russell as his "faithful and wise servant" and made him ruler or overseer of his goods; and if Brother Russell, acting under the Lord's supervision, organized the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society as a vehicle or channel to carry on the proclamation of the message of his kingdom and the feeding of his sheep (thereby looking after the interests of his kingdom), then the conclusion must be that this is the Lord's way. After a careful and prayerful review of all the facts in the light of the Scriptures, can any consecrated, anointed follower of Jesus say that this is not the Lord's way?

So first, careful and prayerful examination of the Scriptures revealed that Russell was the FDS.

Then it was correctly seen that the FDS is a class and comprised of the remnant of all anointed ones on earth.

The objection was made that the FDS was only the leading ones, but clear, scriptural understanding showed that it was not the case. The facts are that the FDS is all anointed Christians on earth at any given time from 33 CE onward and this is one of the revealed truths from Jehovah.

The scriptural evidence now shows that the FDS is a small, composite group serving at WT HQ during Christ's presence from 1914.

• designs
    designs

It was tough on the Bible Students to imagine Russell as the sole FDS as it will be for the JWs to imagine the 8 as the FDS. This is good for many, let it sink in and watch the exit traffic grow.

The Bible Students dwindled down to a few faithful who still follow Studies In The Scriptures, and so it shall be (my prediction ) with the Witnesses. This change seals the deal- no one could help Russell, he had sealed himself off from any outside help/now the 8 have done the same.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

If you look at some of the WTS quotes [above] about the description of who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, it’s very bothersome that they have used expressions like, “The evidence points to the following conclusion blah-blah-blah…”, “The facts indicate blah-blah-blah”, “Witnesses of Jehovah understand that blah-blah-blah…”, etc.

Is it any wonder why so many JWs have lost credibility in this organization’s leaders? I mean the WTS leaders throw around expressions like “The FACTS indicate…” and “The EVIDENCE points to…” as a way of adding weight to what they are saying – what facts, what evidence?!?! However, their literature is littered with these unsubstantiated and exaggerated claims and thus the use of these terms is fraudulent!

It’s been said a million times already: “The WTS literature is the WTS's worse enemy!” That’s why when it comes to religion [and other things as well], I live by this observation, “Fool me once, shame on YOU, fool me twice, shame on ME!

• franticfran
    franticfran

I have just this minute had a brother from the congregation here and he told me that the eight members of the governing body are annointed. True? False? tell me, I cant believe that they can claim that given their ages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit