REUNION WITH JW SIS AFTER 20 YRS OF SHUNNING

by California Sunshine 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

It was lovely reading your story California Sunshine - so nice that you got in touch with your sister after so long.

I hope things go well and you make up for some of the time you lost (I know how that feels)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

That's a wonderful story CS, thanks for sharing and all the best.

• gotcha
    gotcha

such a nice and inspiring experience...thanks very much for sharing...

• think41self
    think41self

Wow Sunny

What a great story...thank you so much for sharing it with us. Yes, it's a pity those 20 yrs are lost, but if you can re-establish a connection, that would be something!

I'm glad you're proceeding with a little caution. When you've been burned as badly as you have, you don't just jump whole heartedly back into a relationship with them...wait and see how it goes.

Drloss, it was great to hear your story too. I don't really want to re-connect with my parents, but there are a few cousins who, if they called me, I'd meet up with them in a heartbeat.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• JT
    JT

I thought of the 20 years wasted because of two paragraphs in the WT.

#######

This is what hurts perhaps the most, the shifting sands of man made dogmas

just a side not that one of the NONJW here at work noted, Rob has been surfing this site for sometime here at work and showed it to his wife who has a cousin in the org,
    Rob made a very powerful statement just a second ago

he asked me this basic question:

Why is it that he has never read on this site of a Current JW (YK, Friday, etc) offering any expressions of joy or happiness for folks like this woman who has been able to see and speak to her sister after 20yrs?

I'm telling you folks NONJW when they are given facts on jw - while many may not be interest, almost all have family who are in and have wondered why are they so weird.

His point is a good one and i explained to him that rarely will a jw in a forum like this even post to a thread like this and we have seen that for almost as long as we have all been posting.

accounts that most folks find "Touching" they don't even cause a jw to blink

how sad

James

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{California Sunshine}}}}

Thank you for sharing a wonderful story...I am wishing the best for your relationship with your sister.

Tina

• LB
    LB
    I do know I’m not ready to give my heart away

I'm sure you will be fine. It appears your story has given a lot of people here hope. Go enjoy your sister all you can. What the heck, before you know it you guys can be aruging like siblings are supposed to be doing

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• teejay
    teejay

California Sunshine,

I don’t have the writing ability that so many of you have so I’m going to take my time and do the best I can.

Oh, how very wrong you are! You write very, very well my sister. You got me reaching for the tissue... wiping my eyes, blowing my nose, acting like a woman watching some sob story movie. I relate so much to what you've written here. In a minute I'll tell you why.

It's good... no, it's wonderful... that you reconnected with you older sister. As you said, life is full of uncertainties and you never know what the future will bring. When opportunities come, grab 'em! Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. You said that your reunion might be the last time you saw each other? Who's to say you were wrong thinking that?

There she was, our big sister...

That short line right there got to me the most. Twenty years... GONE! But there she is. I'm sure so many thoughts went through your mind, things you could have done, times you could have shared together. She's raised kids, you've raised kids... lived lives apart from each other. Her son, one of your favorites when he was little, grew to be a man completely out of your sight and is now an elder – a good one you hope. So many thoughts... so much lost...

Briefly, my story is just the opposite from yours. I was the shunER, not the shun[/b]EE[/b].

I'm from a family of six kids. All raised in the truth. The oldest of us, my big sister, was df'd in 1971 when she was 19. She was always my favorite sibling. Probably still is. Being a good dub like my mother, I began to shun her. Most of the rest of us did, too. Including Mama.

She got married (to a "worldly" man, of course) and moved to Dallas. Together, with no help from her family, they began to build a life together. A couple of days ago they celebrated their 31st anniversary. Raised two sons, live in a fabulous house.

About ten years ago, I began to doubt, to question, to research. Long story short: I've reconnected with my sister. I have deep regrets over how I treated her, regrets that I'll probably have to live with from now on, but I'm loving the recovered relationship that we have again. She and her exceptional husband have been very forgiving/understanding over the way we treated them all those years. And JWs say that THEY are loving. Right.

I hope for the best for you and your sister. With all my heart I hope that things work out and that you can have the relationship with her you always wanted, I really do. Thank you for sharing your story.

Peace,
    tj

• gumby
    gumby

CA.I thought of the 20 years wasted because of two paragraphs in the WT...

Yes.....and how many thousands of others effected just like you because of little Freddie Franz and his psycopathic ideas!

Your story was great! Thanks for sharing. I hope MANY lurkers here read this, and that at least some will see how families are ruined by dubs.

Mine was ruined 7 years ago by this loving bunch.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((CS))) what a wonderful story and the beginning of a relationship with your sister. I hope it goes well in the future too.

drloss, thank you for sharing, too.

TJ, *handing a kleenex your way* how nice of you to be so humble. I hope you make up for lost time.

((V)) don't give up on your sister.

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit